Thursday, January 17, 2019

PPF 1/17

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I missed all of you last week. I fractured my foot again, along with some nerve damage and Achilles tendon problem. Yes, all on the same foot. Geeess. I was refereed to a great podiatrist right here in my town. He gave me a cortisone injection that DID NOT hurt in the slightest. I have had them before in my foot and OMG it hurt. This guy has it down with no pain, so I was happy with that. I have to change my shoes to something stiffer and of course some more exercises on the foot. No medical boot so far. 
I hung my Black to White paintings on the 15th and I will say they look amazing hung all in one place. I went to take photos yesterday and there was a very large group of people ohhhing and awing. Made me feel pretty good. Oh the photos? I forgot to put my memory card in my camera. So I will go over tomorrow if it is not storming like today.
I am now working on my new leather exhibit. I am pretty happy with what I am creating and feel that I will get both walls filled. Here is what I finished today. 

You know me, give me a skull anytime.

This guy is 5" off the canvas.

 This is a 5x5" abstract painted glass then put into a leather frame.

I love how this turned out.

Abstract leather on painted wooded frame.

Since my hands are doing better, I have done some more beading. This is Peyote stitch with increased Peyote puffs. This is something I use to do quite often.


This piece is Peyote with a twist not crocheted. 

 I made my own end caps since I have none. LOL

Linking all of this up with Paint Party Friday and all of the wonderful artists there.

Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

20 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Clearly you are multi-talented! I hope your poor foot feels better soon.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful art. Sorry about your foot, hope it's soon better. Hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Sorry to heard about your pains of the foot. Hope it's better soon.
Amazing group of your fabulous art, Nicole.
Happy PPF and weekend xx

https://decorcraftdesign.wordpress.com said...

Wonderful artworks! Happy weekend!

Christine said...

Lovely pieces, but so sorry about your painful foot.

John R said...

Oh, it sounds like you've had a rough time. I took a tumble down the stairs recently, nothing broken, but a badly sprained ankle which was black for weeks. That was sore enough; I can only imagine how much pain you were in. Your artwork, as always, is superb. Love those leather pieces. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Gillena Cox said...

The beaded necklaces ate charming. Luv the detail in the close ups. Happy PPF
muvhđź‘‘love

artbyjune said...

Lovely bead work. So sorry to hear about your foot and I hope you are better soon!

peggy gatto said...

Gorgeous beading! Hope your foot gets better!

Lisabella Russo said...

I hope your foot heals well and quickly. The exhibit sounds amazing. Your leatherworks are very impressive and your beading oh so lovely.

Sue (this n that) said...

Happy PPF Nicole... I love your artwork. That's so cool that your black and whites are receiving that attention, you would feel so proud :D)
Those necklaces are very beautiful, as are the painted glass with their unique frames.
So sorry to read about your ankle... goodness me, what a thing to happen. How nice, however, to have had a cortisone injection without it hurting! Heal up quick xx

Lowcarb team member said...

So sorry to read about your foot, hope it gets better soon.
I loved your art.

Wishing you a good weekend.

All the best Jan

NatureFootstep said...

sorry about your foot, but happy they loved your black and whites :)
I hope your foot will heal quickly :)

Jennifer Rose said...

oh jeeze, sorry to read about your foot :(

BLOGitse said...

Sorry about the foot but your hands are doing beautiful things! :)
Have a good week!

carol l mckenna said...

Do hope you are on the mend ~ Lovely work ~ multi talented ~ Wonderful!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Very creative. Hope your foot is better.

Magic Love Crow said...

I am so sorry about your foot Nicole! Please take care!!
I am so happy for you with your art and your exhibitions!!! It's totally amazing!! I so love all your art! That mirror is cool!
Big Hugs!

JKW said...

Ouch, understand being laid up. Love the art. Blessings, Janet

ttabeedviswanathan said...

Hello your content is sharing great information. Cortisone Injection providing best clinic in london,UK. Thanks for share this blog.
Regards
Cortisone Injection