Thursday, October 11, 2018

PPF 10/11

Hi Everyone!

I am so excited. I have another exhibit for my hanging leather art that begins on March 2, 2019. I have enough pieces to fill the wall but, I have some new designs that I want to make up. 
In the mean time my exhibit that is going on now has reaped some sales. They cannot go through the library they are done privately and that is OK with the library. demARTs was a huge success and I have 5 people who would like classes from me for abstract painting. Watercolor classes are coming along and even though I really like the medium acrylics are still my favorite. Now for some art for this week. I have been doing my early morning draws and here are a few. 
I haven't drawn a scull in awhile so thought it was time.


I do like how the eyes came out on this one.

The neck on this is horrible. There is a lot of tooth to this paper and every time I tried to erase it got worse.  I do like the hand though.
 Who knows where I was going with this. 
A 15 minute quick draw

I really love this one. Gold leaf in the waves really sets it off.  
8x10" gallery canvas.

 Another world is 16x20" gallery canvas. Just through some paint on and this is what came out.

Thanks to Eva and Kristin for hosting Paint Party Friday
Looking forward to seeing all of the art this week too.

Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

22 comments:

BrownPaperBunny said...

That’s so great, congratulations! I hope you’ll share pics once it takes place! Happy PPF!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful art. Congrats on your successes. Happy PPF, Valerie

Clare Lloyd said...

The skull is fab

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Big congrats on your sales Nicole and well done on securing the next exhibition. You art works are fabulous, I sometimes find the ones we are the least happy with are the most valuable as we can learn so much from them.
Happy PPF & have a fabulous weekend Tracey x

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Congrats on the new exhibit coming in 2019 and on the sales you have had from the present one. Great art faces today. It's hard to select a favorite, after the skull of course.
xx, Carol

John R said...

Congratulations on the sales and another exhibit for you to look forward to. I am sure that one will be a success as well. I like your drawings; my favourite is the skull.

Linda Kunsman said...

congrats on your sales and exhibit-wonderful works of art!! Loving the last piece especially. Happy PPF!

Christine said...

Good luck with the exhibit and congrats on your sales!

JFM said...

Great art Nicole and that skull...WOW!!!

https://decorcraftdesign.wordpress.com said...

Congratulations! You have fantastic collections!

A Colorful World said...

Wonderful work! I love the drawing of the one with the problematic neck. You see the face, really, and that's the focus so I wouldn't worry about the neck. Love the explosion of energy out of the waves, too!

Beth Niquette said...

I love all of your sketches, but the one which touched me most is "Another World." SO ethereal and lovely.

denthe said...

Wow Nicole, how exciting! I'm so happy for you :-) Nice to see your sketches again, love the skull. Happy PPF!

A ShutterBug Explores said...

Congrats to you on all your good news regarding exhibits ~ and teaching classes too! Wonderful portrait sketches ~ Skull is great for Halloween!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Jennifer Rose said...

congrats on the sales and for getting people to want you to teach :) great looking skull :D

artbyjune said...

Lovely drawings. I like the skull. I've never tried drawing a skull.

Gillena Cox said...

Congrats and thanks for this week's share

Thanks for dropping by Tracey

Much📚💙📚 love

peggy gatto said...

Really done well! You are on a roll!
congratulations!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Congratulations on another exhibit and sales. That is always great and so encouraging. Lovely art. The colourplay in the last piece is beautiful.

-Soma

NatureFootstep said...

congratulations for the success with the exhibitions. It is great. Your work is amazing.

From the pieces shared this week I favor the last one :)

Magic Love Crow said...

You are rockin it Nicole! I am so proud of you, with all your success in your art and your classes!!!! Keep it going girl! Loving your sketches and new paintings!! Loving your skull and your gold goddess wave! Big Hugs!!!

Sue (this n that) said...

Hi Nicole, I know I'm late in commenting on this post but I saw these artworks and just had to add my bit... they're fabulous!
Good for you with your art journey and all the new avenues that have opened up, you really deserve these successes.
It's nice to catch up with you again, Sue :D) xx