Hi Everyone!
Today is Tuesday and that means a day with Elizabeth and Bleubeard.
Yesterday I was supposed to meet up with my 3 neighbors. It's our monthly gathering. I knew when I got up I wasn't going to make it. Lupus pain an overall feeling like crap. I called to let them know that I would not be attending.
I don't. I just want to be left alone with feeling like this.
Don't worry my friends, I'm OK it's just a day setback. Prednisone will take care of it. LOL
Friday we drove over to Bandon to the Farmer's market. It's late in the year and when we arrived there was only one vendor. However, it was the vendor I always shop with. This is what I got. The grow the best string beans.
Can't leave without peppers and small heads of cabbage.
Steamed veggies with egg noodles.
Doesn't seem like much but it is so good. Yumm homemade burritos. I make these and freeze them. Plain rice and homemade refried beans.
And sugar free chocolate pudding pie.
I got a coupon for a free 12 pack of bubly. Mr. M. likes the black cherry. With the sparkling waters I only like the plain.
Have a great day today.
Nicole.

24 comments:
The appearance of refried beans puts me off. It always looks like dog vomit to me!
Oh Nicole, I'm so sorry you weren't able to get to your meet up, but I can definitely empathize.
Several of your meals are making me hungry. And especially the chocolate pie. How great that you got many of the ingredients at the Farmer's Market.
I've considered buying some Bubly at Sam's but never have. That blackberry sounds wonderful.
Thanks for sharing your trip to the Farmer's Market, your delicious looking meals, and your Bubly with us for T this Tuesday.
YUM! That chocolate pudding pie looks particularly great.
...close enough for sure.
Ahh, so sorry you had a bad day yesterday! I hope you're feeling today. Your adventure into Brandon for veggie shopping looks like a good one. Mmm, so many yummy garden fresh veggies! My late in-laws kept a lovely garden for many years after we married. Their tomatoes, green beans, and potatoes were my favorite. They also grew grapes and apples which were excellent! You can't tasty vegetables or fruit from the grocery store. They pick everything too soon!
I like Bubly flavored sparkling waters. Raspberry is probably our favorite. We don't drink much of it, though. I'll get a case or two and it'll last us a long time. Our usual beverage is H2O. I'm so glad we gave up sugary carbonated drinks a long time ago. It's high in calories and it tastes awful nowadays. I'd rather put extra high calories into something I really love like chocolate cake or ice cream. :D
That pie looks good.
I love going to a good farmers market
I think with only 1 vendor you really lucked out Nicole. Those veggies are beautiful. And your meals look delicious. Hope you're feeling better today. And I hope you have a feel good healthy September too. Happy T day. hugs-Erika
Definitely eating well at Nicole's house this week! Yum!
I hope you're feeling better now, Nicole. It's exhausting never knowing how you're going to feel from one day to the next.
OMG David! I'm going to have to do a homemade refried bean post just for you. It is the best food ever!
I feel the same as David about refried beans!!
I totally need to stock up on vegetables today! Also hoping for fresh corn.
Mmm, green beans. Himself brought a bunch in from his garden. I'll be cooking them tonight. Your food is making so hungry and it's still 2 hours before dinner. I hope you are feeling better. Happy T Day
I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad day and couldn't go to the monthly meeting..
I love string beans and on the whole there's nothing like fresh vegetables.
But I agree with David that refried beans look like vomit (sorry). I've never had them but I'm sure they taste lovely.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca
all the food looks so so good! oh pork chops and burritos! yummy the pie! you are making me hungry. I love veggies and beans and I need to cook some egg noodles soon. Yummy and I hope you feel better soon. Sending you hugs!
Dear Nicole, the meals in your photos look really good!
Your pie looks delicious and you picked up some good produce at the farmer's market. Be well!
The food looks really good. I bought some green beans today at the store.
Sorry you had a bad day yesterday and weren't well enough to see your friends ... hoping today is a better day for you.
Happy T Day and Happy 1st of September.
All the best Jan
yummy veg and food, you are such a good cook!
Oh those vegetables, and your cooked meals, yum
Thanks for dropping by my blog.
Wishing you a good week
Glad you have neighbours who care
Much love
Sorry to read you were not well enough for your regular afternoon visit, hopefully next time. Good looking produce and presentation there, Nicole.
Very sorry Lupus is back, hopefully it was a short visit! The farmer´s market outcome looks great. This year we totally missed it....
Hello dear Nicole, I hope you're getting well now.
I love both your colourful veggies and your sugar free chocolate pudding pie.
Take care,
G.
omg your homemade food looks absolutely delicious nad literally mouthwatering
each item is awesome but pie is o dear😍
Post a Comment