Welcome To
SITAR is about ANYTHING art. Your art, someone else's art, writing, photography,
the art of cooking, the art of sewing and textiles. Sharing historical
art, street art, a story about art. Do you have a question or need help
with art? Write a blog post and link it up here. We will all try to help
with it. My only rule is that if someone asks for critique it must be done with generosity and consideration. This is a place of learning, encouragement and inspiration.
Portland, Oregon has many art galleries, in 3 different districts, at any given time. There is the Pearl District a neighborhood that holds the densest cluster, with roughly 12 to 15 major commercial and contemporary fine art galleries.
In addition there is a lot of street art and murals. Plus First Thursday, this event takes place on the first Thursday evening of every month. It centers around the dense cluster of fine art galleries in the Pearl District, which stay open late, and features a vibrant outdoor First Thursday Street Gallery on closed-off blocks of NW 13th Avenue (from April through October)
The Eastside Districts, neighborhoods like Alberta, Central Eastside, and Southeast host another 20+ independent spaces, cooperative galleries, and experimental art labs (such as Alberta Street Gallery and Nucleus Portland) that focus on local artisans, illustration, and pop culture. Plus the Friday art walk. A monthly summer street festival featuring local makers, live music, and open galleries.
There is also the Eastside Mural District.
Alternative Spaces & Public Art: Beyond brick-and-mortar storefronts, Portland features dozens of nontraditional exhibition spaces, university galleries, and a vibrant community mural network boasting nearly 1,000 pieces of public street art.
Immersive art
This isn't what I had in mind when I started Sunday in the Art Room. In fact I had discovered that Brassworks Gallery in Portland has a scull exhibit that started Sept 12. However, I got so caught up in the art in Portland that I had to add it.
"Too Many Skulls" curated by Attaboy.
These are all seasoned artists who have gone to school or University for art. As I was looking at each peace my thought was, "I could enter this"
Here is some of the art and you can see all of them here
Oh and my other thought was, "I'm not charging nearly enough for my skull and monster art." 😁
Jennybird Alcantara • Always Return Regular price
$5,800.00
Russ White • Side Quest Regular price $450.00
These are only 3 of the 4 pages of skull art. Take a minute to check it out.That's it for now.
I will be joining Gillena

Nicole















No comments:
Post a Comment