Sunday, September 13, 2026

Sunday in the Art Room SITAR

 Welcome to

SITAR is about ANYTHING art. Your art, someone else's art, writing, photography, the art of cooking, the art of sewing and textiles. Sharing historical art, street art, a story about art. Do you have a question or need help with art? Write a blog post and link it up here. We will all try to help with it. My only rule is that if someone asks for critique it must be done with generosity and consideration. This is a place of learning, encouragement and inspiration.

 

I had a different post started for SITAR. However, as I got into the artist's life. I didn't like him very much. 

Since it's late in the day, what you get is a few pieces of mine. 
I hear people say, 
"It's time to get ready for Halloween."
Of course I laugh because my house is ALWAYS Halloween ready.
Last year I was unable to create anything new but this year I am in full (scary art) force.
Here are a few items in my art room
and most of you will remember some of these pieces.
First I opened two totes that are filled with sculls, skeletons, and bones.
  
 
And this next box contains real bones.
Animal, not human. LOL Mr. M. will get it down for me.
 
This dragon I only got partially skinned and stained last year. I will try to finish it this year.  
 
On the bottom shelf is another dragon. Above it is a gargoyle type creature but not a good photo. 

This shelf is up high but here is a better photo of the G

This is "Bone-ita" Ya know, pretty in Spanish "Bonita" LOL Yes, my friends have names. 😁


Bone-ita is looking over these lovelies. I was going to sell these but I have some sort of attachment to them.

I made all of the teeth with a nylon material. 


The eyes are glass
 
These hang by a window so the photos are not great.
 
It’s weird, it’s wild, and not for everyone. However, I wouldn't change my monster art for anything. The process of creating this art is  alluring, spellbinding, and the finished pieces very satisfying.
I enjoy each piece I make but there are always favorites and for different reasons.
This one is because I sat down and made guts for him. He tells a story of being in the coffin. His name is Redgie. Yeah, poor Redgie lost his limbs in a war. 
 
This piece truly is my all time fave.  his name is, "Echo"
I don't think there is anything I don't like about him.  I have had people wanting to buy him but I won't let him go.
I have many more monster art pieces in my house, including drawings, paintings, leather and clay sculptures. For now I think this is enough.
 
Are you getting ready for Halloween? Or are you like me and are always ready?
 
I will be joining Gillena  
Have a great Sunday
Nicole  


6 comments:

Margaret D said...

You certainly have a good selection of 'things' there Nicole.

Angie's Recipes said...

It would be a lot of work to dust them off every day. Can't wait to see your Halloween deco!!

Tom said...

...I feel that Halloween is in the air! Be well Nicole.

Anvilcloud said...

Echo reminds me of the face of the mannikin that I saw yesterday — a version of the scream I guess they are.

Christine said...

Love your scary pieces Nicole!

My name is Erika. said...

I love all your art. I couldn't live with it all year, but I do get into Halloween. I need to dig my 2 boxes of Halloween supplies out of the attic, but my shoulder is slowing me down this year. So I could why you didn't get much accomplished last year. but thanks for sharing. What a fun post, and I really enjoyed seeing these. hugs-Erika