Sunday, August 16, 2026

Sunday in the art room

 Welcome to 

SITAR is about ANYTHING art. Your art, someone else's art, writing, photography, the art of cooking, the art of sewing and textiles. Sharing historical art, street art, a story about art. Do you have a question or need help with art? Write a blog post and link it up here. We will all try to help with it. My only rule is that if someone asks for critique it must be done with generosity and consideration. 
This is a place of learning, encouragement and inspiration.
 
I love art dolls. Some of you may remember my spirit dolls.
 




 
Over my years I have made other types of dolls and always am impressed with dolls I see at shops or on line. 
 


Art Dolls by AKVARELA


Ankie: the dollmaker


 
The doll world is massive and the creations are never ending. 
You know I had to show you some creepy dolls. 
These are from Pintrest.
 


Did you know, The first recorded dolls date back more than 4,000 years ago to ancient civilizations like Egypt, Greece, and Rome. The oldest known examples are wooden "paddle dolls" found in ancient Egyptian tombs from around 2000 BC, made with clay or bead hair.
 
The oldest known complete dolls in history are  Egyptian Paddle dolls, carved from wood and dating back to around 2000 BCE (the Middle Kingdom period). Found buried in ancient tombs, these flat, paddle-shaped figures feature bead or clay-thread hair and geometric body patterns. 
Dolls exist in every human culture. They serve as sacred ritual objects, beloved toys, and powerful historical records that reveal how people lived and what they valued across time.
  
 If you are interested in dolls just google it.
 
 Nicole
 
I'm joining Gillena for 
 
 

No comments: