Welcome To Friday Face OFF (FFO)
This is the place to show off your face art.
You
know, ANY type of face, nature, the face of a flower, photography,
drawings, paintings, AI. There just needs to be a face in your blog post, a
link back to my blog and please use the image below.
Thank you.
A few of my readers have asked how long it takes me to draw a portrait.
When I first started drawing faces I could get one finished in an hour or so. I will admit the faces were NOT very good. As I've developed my own style and I've learned to add more details it does take me much longer. However, Mr. M. tells me I am fast at getting a face done. Lately I work a few hours at a time taking all week to finish one. Also I draw on different sizes of paper, that makes a difference. I have sketched a piece this morning and will time myself on it and let you know. I have seen a lot of artist that create hyperrealistic art and give the hours that it took. Personally unless you are selling your art I don't think it matters as long as you are having fun.
When I first started drawing faces I could get one finished in an hour or so. I will admit the faces were NOT very good. As I've developed my own style and I've learned to add more details it does take me much longer. However, Mr. M. tells me I am fast at getting a face done. Lately I work a few hours at a time taking all week to finish one. Also I draw on different sizes of paper, that makes a difference. I have sketched a piece this morning and will time myself on it and let you know. I have seen a lot of artist that create hyperrealistic art and give the hours that it took. Personally unless you are selling your art I don't think it matters as long as you are having fun.
Which in this case I had a lot of fun creating this one.
She is one of my favorite actresses,
Olwen Fouéré
I did use this photo as a reference, turning it from color to black n white and working from both.
She started like this
She started like this
Starting to get some details in. Like the little scare above her left eye.
I finished her up like this. I see a few things I should have done differently. However, I really enjoyed creating this.
Here are a couple of AI ladies.
It's time for some features.
That's it for now
Don't miss
Sunday in the Art Room this week.















23 comments:
Your drawing turned out fantastic. Looked just like the photo. Stunning drawing. Happy FFO and AFFF.
Oh, you really have patience then! And it pays off, she came out wonderful! Have a facey FFO!
Your finished product is always impressive.
WOW what? Wait... Nicole this portrait is Incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So real and the detail and shading and eyes and skin!!!!!! so Amazing! Seriously fantastic!!!!!!!!!!
You must have quite a portrait collection. You certainly seem to have nailed the process.
Oh, very good! I can't draw at all, so I am in awe. The subject would not like it though as I think you made her look older, lol.
Happy Friday,
Lisca
I think wrinkles and scars are among the hardest things to capture realistically and you did a magnificent job of doing both! Your graphite shading technique is really outstanding, Nicole! I'm not familiar with this actress so I'm off to Wikipedia now to find out if I've seen her in any movies.
You are getting better and better at the portraits. Thanks for sharing.
...Nicole, I'm sure that Olwen Fouéré would be pleased! I wish you a fabulous day, be well.
You are a wonderful drawer dear Nicole. I like your style.
Have a good time and all the best
Violetta
You have those fine facial details down pat. They make the page come alive. I think she looks very much just like the lady in the photo. And I like her in your drawing and the black and white photo better as I think it actually has more depth. Have a super FRiday and start to your weekend. hugs-Erika
Beautiful! Your artistic skills in portraits never cease to amaze me. Facial wrinkles can look awkward when not done right, but you are a master at them. In reference to the comment you left on my blog, you are correct in saying that we met via Paint Party Friday. Peace be with you and your loved ones, my dear friend!
Love what you did with the hair!
Your portraits are so impressive ... I love that you broke the process down so we could see how you do it. I learn more from you than any art class I have taken over the years. None of my classes focused on portraits, so you are the first. Also your features are great. Thank you for sharing my fun art and Linda did an awesome job on the dog. Something tells me it is not just "a dog" but some special, maybe wild breed. Cludia's sculpture is impressive ... a native idol I presume. All in all ... another great post, Nicole. I hope you find some amusement and relaxation over your weekend 😍
Andrea @ From the Sol
I have a boatload of faces this week! (Well, not literally, but it would have been if I'd posted the pic of my cousin and friends on our pontoon boat ride instead of the one that I did!). Love this portrait, of course! Happy week!
Another awesome portrait ~ such talent ~ Hugs ^_^
This portrait is again a greatful drawing. I believe , you made a good artwork.
Thank you for sharing and for hosting.
Greetings by Heidrun
Happy Friday
I think i should pick up my pencils again and do some portrait sketches
Happy you linked to AFFF#221
much love
The graphite portrait is really lovely. The smile and lines on her face are so gentle. Makes me want to know more about her.
-Soma
You are getting really good at portraits. Thanks for featuring my work. Happy drawing.
In recent years, there's been research to suggest that some of the classic painters used lenses and reflections to create their work. So I say whatever works. Your art is good and I like it a lot al
There are more charm and soul from your sketch than the original photo
Your portrait of Olwen Fouéré is excellent, Nicole! However you are creating your sketches, following rules or not, you're doing well. I didn't add my name to the list today, because I'm behind on answering comments from Wednesday. Have a relaxing weekend with Mr M!
Post a Comment