Monday, July 20, 2026

T stands for Texas chocolate sheet cake

 Hi Everyone!
 
Today I'm joining T-Day with 
 
Not much going on this past few days. On Saturday I met up with my 3 neighbors for our monthly gathering. We've been doing this now since before covid. No I don't have photos.
But this week we all brought things for a salad. Kay, made a Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake.
photo from internet. 
We were eating outside and having a good time. I could NOT eat salad due to some lupus digestion troubles so I had just a very tiny bit of salad toppings and my water.  Soon it was time for the cake. Now, Mr. M. and I don't eat much sugary things in our house any more. But the chocolate frosting was calling my name. As Kay cut into the cake, I thought, "oh perfect its a thin piece of cake. In fact, the icing, more like fudge, was thicker than the cake. We each got a piece and we all moaned as we took the first bite. It is the BEST chocolate cake ever!
photo from internet.  
 
After several hours of our gathering we all headed home.  I wasn't feeling well at all as I crossed the street to my house. For the next few days I was just sick to my stomach and a diverticulitis flare. Now, I'm not saying it was the cake but it was as rich as chocolate cake can get and I'm just not used to that much sugar.
However, if you want to try it  
 
For my drink today, just plain water.  
 

Have a good Tuesday. 
 
 
 

29 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

You should try carnivore diet..salads, veggies and fruit are overrated and they ain't as healthy as you thought, esp. those manmade cultivated fruit (my own experience, the less or none veggies and fruit I eat, the better I feel)...the chocolate cake looks insanely good.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

This looks delicious 😋

Margaret D said...

Well that cake does look tasty and nice, Nicole.
Sorry to read you were not well.
Take care.

Giorgio said...

It seems a delicious chocolate cake. I'd like to have it at breakfast 🥐🍩☕
Have a lovely day, Nicole 🌻☀🍒

Post script: last Sunday I was so glad to see Mr. Trump humiliated by both his own people and Spain football team at the New Jersey Stadium.

Juvenal Nunes said...

O chocolate é sempre uma tentação.
Abraço de amizade.
Juvenal Nunes

Iris Flavia said...

To meetings with good neighbors aka friends!
Sorry you got sick, though. Sometimes I am glad I don´t like sweets.
To a good Tuesday!

jabblog said...

Hard to resist such a delicious cake. Rich food can be such a shock to the system when plain fare is the norm.

Luiz Gomes said...

Bom dia minha querida amiga Nicole. Esse bolo de chocolate, parece delicioso, confesso que me deu muita água na boca. Uma excelente manhã de terça-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares nos Estados Unidos e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca. Te desejo muita saúde.

Gene Black said...

Happy Tuesday.. I suspect that cake Would be way too sweet

Anvilcloud said...

Why are the good things so bad for us?

Tom said...

...plain water on the rocks for me!

My name is Erika. said...

Happy T day Nicole. I hope you are feeling better. I've always wanted to try making one of these sheet cakes. It looks delicious, and you have me drooling over the frosting. :) hugs-Erika

Jackie McGuinness said...

I'm not much of a cake eater either. But I made a gluten (John) and lactose (his son) free chocolate cake (no sugar, just maple syrup) this week that is very good.

an artist reflects said...

Oh that chocolate cake does look delish! Hope you feel better soon ~
Thanks for commenting on my Tues post ~ Hugs ^_^

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It certainly looks good!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

The cake does look rich and delicious.
So sorry you got sick.
I hope you are feeling better, Nicole.

Lisca said...

That cake looks yummy! I do have a sweet tooth.... I looked at the recipe. It looks easy, only 450 gr of icing sugar is going to be difficult. It is sold in packets of 100 grams here and I would have to buy 5 packets, That would make the cake very expensive. I think I. might melt a slab of bitter chocolate and pour it over (or something like that).
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Christine said...

yummy

Mae Travels said...

I hope you will soon feel better and be able to keep up the art that you do so beautifully!
best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Mary Kirkland said...

I do love cake. lol I try not to eat much of it or sweets right now because I'm back on my diet and trying to lose weight and control my diabetes. I hope you're feeling better.

Michelle said...

It's always the foods I rarely eat that make me feel unwell. I hope you are better.

Jeanie said...

I'm not a huge chocolate fan but that does look beautiful!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

SO sorry to read you got sick from the cake. I hope you feel better soon. I admit, it looks good. Also, water is always the BEST. Thanks for sharing your water for T this week, dear Nicole.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Once in a while a little indiscretion overtakes all of us. I am sorry the chocolate, sugary goodness possibly made you sick, but I bet the taste was out of this world!

Kaleidoskop podle Hanky said...

Pokud máš žaludeční potíže, pak asi syrová zelenina není vhodná. Dort vypadá lákavě, u nás se podobné "dorty" také dělají, ale říkáme tomu řezy. Komu nevyhovuje čokoládová poleva, může zvolit jinou. Pokud je to příliš sladké, příště ubrat cukru, vše podle chuti.
Přeji, aby zdraví sloužilo!

CJ Kennedy said...

The chocolate cake looks amazing. I hope you are feeling much better. Happy T Day

Gillena Cox said...

That cake looks yummy
Thanks for dropping by my blog, Nicole

Much love

Lowcarb team member said...

The chocolate cake looks tasty.
Do hope you are feeling better.

All the best Jan

Maria Medeiros said...

oh that chocolate cake looks so good I have to try it out! :) Have a lovely evening Nicole!