Hi Everyone!
Not much going on this past few days. On Saturday I met up with my 3 neighbors for our monthly gathering. We've been doing this now since before covid. No I don't have photos.
But this week we all brought things for a salad. Kay, made a Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake.
photo from internet.
We were eating outside and having a good time. I could NOT eat salad due to some lupus digestion troubles so I had just a very tiny bit of salad toppings and my water. Soon it was time for the cake. Now, Mr. M. and I don't eat much sugary things in our house any more. But the chocolate frosting was calling my name. As Kay cut into the cake, I thought, "oh perfect its a thin piece of cake. In fact, the icing, more like fudge, was thicker than the cake. We each got a piece and we all moaned as we took the first bite. It is the BEST chocolate cake ever!
After several hours of our gathering we all headed home. I wasn't feeling well at all as I crossed the street to my house. For the next few days I was just sick to my stomach and a diverticulitis flare. Now, I'm not saying it was the cake but it was as rich as chocolate cake can get and I'm just not used to that much sugar.
However, if you want to try it
For my drink today, just plain water.



No comments:
Post a Comment