Friday, July 31, 2026

Friday Face OFF (FFO) 7/31/26

 

Welcome To Friday Face OFF (FFO)
This is the place to show off your face art.
You know, ANY type of face, nature, the face of a flower, photography, drawings, paintings, AI. There just needs to be a face in your blog post, a link back to my blog and please use the image below. 
Thank you.
 
Hi Everyone!
I've been waiting all week to show off this piece of art. Now, all of you know I do NOT claim to be any kind of an expert at graphite portraiture. However, seeing my drawing skills improve is incredibly exciting. I put a lot of hard work into this piece, and I am thrilled with the final result.
Let me know what you think, and ya know be kind. LOL
The first photo I got was this one. I had already sketched her out and I want to get started on the bonnet. 

I actually didn't realize that part of the bonnet is all kinds of rolled and folded fabric. Also a 3/4 face is difficult for me. I'd rather go straight on. 
I thought I would do her red top in colored pencil. However, even with many layers it just wasn't dark enough. I went over all of it with red pastel and then put in the folds and shading. 
 
 
I'm very happy with her. I only wish I had better lighting so the photos would come out better. 
 
Many years ago while I was visiting my daughter and her husband in NC. We drove to SC and Myrtle Beach. I can't begin to tell you how much fun we had. We are at the wax museum. Yeah sculls and skeletons run in my family. 
 
He just couldn't help himself. LOL
 
My SIL was stationed at Quantico for several years. I visited them in Virginia and of course we spent time in DC. I can't remember exactly what was going on then, but the White House was fenced off and no visitor allowed. 
 
Now for some features.
 
 
 
That's it for now 
Don't miss
Sunday in the Art Room this week.
Something very special. 

 
I will be joining Gillena 

Now it's time to show me your face.
Nicole

13 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, Nicole, the girl came out great! Hihi and the pics sure made me chuckle! Have a great FFO!

EricaSta said...

This portrait is again great artwork. I admire your Paintings. Thank you for sharing and for hosting.

Greetings by Heidrun ❤️

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am in total awe of this handmaiden. Straight from the Handmaiden's Tale. This is a stunning beauty. This is excellent beyond words. Happy FFO and AFFF.
BTW, I agree with you on Dixie's Shakespeare and Debra's cat.

Angie's Recipes said...

I love the eyes and face expression..so vivid that I think she had lots in her mind.

Anvilcloud said...

She’s wearing red, which I approve of. I approve of the whole drawing. You have every right to be proud of your creation.

Maria Medeiros said...

Happy Friday! Love love your portrait Nicole! Stunning work and love the shading and details and the red! Wowza! I adore all the features. Love the photos too. Wonderful! Have a lovely Friday and a wonderful weekend! Have a lovely August! Much positivity and sunshine. :)

Christine said...

Excellent portrait in graphite Nicole and enjoyed your family faces. Congrats to the fearured artists today.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your Handmaid is magnificent, Nicole! Her one fully visible eye looks right into our soul! All her features are wonderfully done. That bonnet must have been hard to do. And the intense vibrancy of the red pastel dress is so effective!

Tom said...

...Nicole, I had Google Lens look at your fabulous graphite portraiture and d this what it told me. "This drawing resembles the portrait study Portrait of the Artist's Mother at the Age of 63 by Albrecht Dürer. The original sketch was created by the German painter and printmaker Albrecht Dürer in 1514." You are in a classic league.

My name is Erika. said...

Wow!!!!! I can see why you were excited to share this portrait. I'll be honest, drawing faces scare me because I'm not very patient and my faces always look like cartoons. But yours are so inspiring. You get great depth Nicole, and the red of her outfit, wow. IT reminds me of what you might see from a Margaret Atwood novel. And fun photos too. I think wax museums lead to some fun views like your photos. Have a super FRiday, hope you are feeling better, and have a great start to your weekend. hugs-Erika

Rostrose said...

I can only say WOW, dear Nicole – your drawing looks like an antique painting (or engraving) – in any case, very skillful, and you are rightly proud of it!

Your daughter is very pretty – it's funny that she also has a fondness for skulls and skeletons!

Hugs & all the best from Austria 🤗
Traude

Jeanie said...

I loved seeing photos from your travels. And again, kudos to you for your portraiture. Yes, practice makes all the difference!

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your handmaid's tale portrait is beautifully done. Side views, especially with a bonnet partially over part of the face, are very difficult. You and your husband are a very handsome couple, and can tell how much you love each other. I like all the faces you featured, especially Debra's cat. Blessings, my friend!