Thursday, June 4, 2026

Thursday garden

 Hi Everyone!

It's over cast today with spurts of rain. Good for my garden. 

I showed, a few weeks ago, how my garden lupine was blooming. Well, it was a quick bloom and after the flowers dropped these appeared. Soft but firm and fuzzy. Not quite like pussy willows.
 
My radishes are doing very well in the little container. 
 
and spinach, is already coming up.
 
The lettuce is starting to show and the beets are good too.
 
These little white flowers come up every year in my yard.
 
More foxglove in white. 
 
This is what we call the natural area. The barn used to be there. We just let it go wild. I do throw flower seeds in it and a lot of garden soil went it too. In fact there is celery and potatoes growing there.
I love all the different grasses that have grown.
 
Well that's it for now.
Wishing everyone a wonderful day.
Nicole.

22 comments:

roentare said...

These flowers carry the soothing vibes in them all

Luiz Gomes said...

Bom dia minha querida amiga Nicole. Acho que você terá uma linda colheita. Uma excelente manhã de quinta-feira e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

jabblog said...

Your radishes have inspired me to have a go! I like radishes.

Tom said...

...keep playing in the dirt, Nicole.

Anvilcloud said...

It's nice to have a little look around.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

A wild area is nice when the wildflowers get established. Mallow flowers are nice when they spread.
May

Jeanie said...

I'm glad you did a bit of garden, even if it wasn't what you've always had. I rather like the lupine puff balls!

an artist reflects said...

Lovely garden and florals ~. Hugs ^_^

Christine said...

Lovely to see everything growing

Marisa Alonso Santamaría said...

Hola, Nicole.
Me gusta donde vives, ¡qué bien tener todo ese espacio y poder disfrutar de la naturaleza!
Un abrazo desde Segovia.

Lowcarb team member said...

So nice to see everything growing ... the radishes look very healthy.

All the best Jan

Mary Kirkland said...

How lovely. I love that you have a wild area that is growing.

Mae Travels said...

I enjoy reading about your garden and about your art. They are two sides of your personality as I know it from your blog. You also have your family side. I love the way you present it all.
best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Modrina Neba said...

Wonderful little flower, its delicacy and so very similar to my purchase yesterday... yes, I bought some Bear's Paws for myself to soothe the soul... the small leaves feel like velvet to the touch.
One day I will post it.
I wish you a nice Friday, Hug, Andreja!

Modrina Neba said...

Muito obrigado pelas tuas palavras, abraço!

Margaret D said...

Your plants looks good, the grasses I suppose they seed and spread.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's nice to see you are growing a few things in your garden this year. I know gardening is not an easy job, especially for those of us with lupus.

I really like your wild flower area.

Ananka said...

Insect heaven Nicole! Great to have all this in your garden :-D

Iris Flavia said...

To nature - I started seeding, too, wish me luck! (That´s what I really need, "LOL")

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Thanks for letting an area grow wild. More people need to leave a little for nature to thrive.

Carola Bartz said...

Those "pussy willows" hold the seeds of the lupine. If you're lucky, it will re-seed without any extra work, it depends on the kind of lupine. Some of my lupines re-seeded, but most didn't. I like the natural area of your garden.

My name is Erika. said...

Everything is growing great. I've read lupines self seed, but I wonder if you take a pod or two if you could get them to grow elsewhere. All the lupin around my area are just blooming now and they are really lovely, aren't they? hugs-Erika