Saturday, October 19, 2024

Thank the gods we are home

 Hi Everyone!
As stated in the title, thank the gods we are home. 10 days in hospital is a long time. Mr. M's cancer surgery went well. The dr came in to tell us it would NOT be laparoscopic. That he would put his hand into Mr. M's body to remove the kidney and utuer. Then he would cut into the bladder to remove the rest of the utuer. The cancer did move up into the kidney but no other metastasizing. We lucked out. The surgery was just over 3 hours long. PACU was many hours long and I was not allowed to go back with Mr. M. due to the amount of patients. Why? There were no beds. It was after 10PM before we got a room. Mr. M. was well cared for there. The first 4 days were pretty hard for him. I was with him all day, everyday because I didn't have to drive home.  I was so very fortunate to get a room at the Heartfelt house, part of Ronald McDonald house. It was seriously 5 star. The ladies that work there are beyond amazing and I kind of found my spirit sister there. LOL more on that later.  
Thank you all again for the well wishes, prayers, spells, and reiki healing.
 
Also wanted to tell you to get your faces ready I will be hosting Friday Face oFF this week.
See you Friday!!!
Nicole
 

13 comments:

Christine said...

Thanks so much for the update Nicole am glad the surgery went well. Sending Mr. M healing wishes.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

SO GLAD to hear the surgery went well! Thanks for updating us! I'm curious to hear more about your spirit sister too. I'm sure Mr M is happy to be home -- it's always so much easier to recuperate in your own home.

Iris Flavia said...


Lucked out... you are so positive. I adore you.
Looking forward to learn about your spirit sister, I found mine, too.
Big hugs on the way. I sure know how hard it is with a hubby like that. A bit. It was not cancer but close by. And we live and so will the two of you!
See you Friday.

kathyinozarks said...

Good to read that you are both home now, and the surgery went well
sending healing wishes

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Great to hear such good news. I hope that the recovery will continue well and that your husband will regain his former strength and vigour. Best wishes - David

Gene Black said...

I am so glad to hear that the surgery went well and that the cancer didn't metastasize any more than it did. I am also happy to hear that you were able to have a comfortable place to stay while you were there.

Mae Travels said...

Great to know that you are home and that your husband is getting better. I wish him a very speedy total recovery.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

dmZapp said...

Continued healthy thoughts from us here in soon to be winter land for both of you, Mike for recovering and you for continued strength.

sirkkis said...

Thank you for sharing your good news,
Nicole ❤️ Hope all goes well near future, and you both get home soon 🥰💐

Valerie-Jael said...

So glad that all went well, that's wonderful news. I wiah him A continued good healing. See you Friday, hugs!

My name is Erika. said...

I'm so happy you are home and things went well. It sounds like healing will not be fun, but the good news the cancer hasn't spread!!! Sending more healing energy your way! hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...good news is always welcomed, keep healing.

Rita said...

This was so wonderful to hear!! The surgery went long...but well. You had a place to stay for several days with wonderful people. Best of all, you are now home with your sweetie!! Thanks so much for giving us an update.
*love and hugs from Fargo*