Monday, April 8, 2024

T Stands for getting things done.

 Hi Everyone!
Today I'm joining Bleurbeard and Elizabeth 
for the T-Party. I hope to see you there.
Not much going on here. Mr. M. and I took the weekend off. We did get a bit of sunshine on Sunday so I played in the garden. Mostly, we watched movies and ate.  Then, today I played catch up. Got the house cleaned, mopped the floors and even dusted. Then, played in soil and put up a center trellis in the big garden. 
Ohhhh.... I forgot and left a bag of Bone Meal out all night. When I saw it this AM it was spilled over and rat shit was everywhere. I googled to see if the Bone meal would kill the rats. Well, of course not. They just like to eat it. So, tonight I'm putting Bone Meal on the traps. Haaa we'll see what happens.
 
I am so amazed at the borage. They have been growing through freeze, rain, wind and what ever else the night might bring.
Click on photos for larger view.
The big garden.

 Peas, radish, spinach, carrots and string beans. Oh and 2 Marigold plants.

 


 Got the center trellis up. This  side has whipple beans, squash, more spinach, and Marigold. Over in the corner is a container of peppermint. Rats hate the smell of peppermint.


 The pallet garden where I put some of the buckets. Squash, beans and cabbage.


 On the deck strawberries have a few blooms.


 

 
There is a lot more going on in the garden, like I got Walla Walla onion starts today in the mail. I will be planting those this week.
In some of the grow bags potatoes leaves are starting to push through. We went to the dune and got sand for my soil. This year I'm using mushroom compost. Sure makes a big difference. 
Sorry for the short post, 
but I am whipped today. 
 
My ticket to get into the T-Party is of course water.
 
Nicole

20 comments:

Tom said...

...bone meal is great to use, but it can attract things that aren't so great!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Have a relaxing evening and a good night's sleep!

Mae Travels said...

I hope your garden is a big success!
best, mae

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am glad you had a great weekend. It was very windy here. My borage was an annual, and it died before I could bring it inside.

Your garden is SO far ahead of this area. It's still too cold at night for any of my plants to go back outside. Nice you can grow things that are not conducive to this area. Love your buckets of squash and beans. You can keep the cabbage.

Water is always good. I just have to remember to drink it. Thanks for the amazing update of your garden and sharing your water with us for T this week, dear Nicole.

Iris Flavia said...

Not much going on??? You did A LOT!
And you made me laugh, thank you :-)
Bet your garden will be a great success!
Have a happy T-Day!

Valerie-Jael said...

My balcony garden looks very sad after my 7 week absence! Glad you and your Mr M both had a great weekend, sometimes that's necessary. Hapy T Day, and have a great week, hugs, Valerie

roentare said...

lovely germinations in the garden

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I guess there’s a cautionary tale here about using bone meal.

Gene Black said...

Your garden looks good. I would love to grow mushrooms, but it gets too hot here for most varieties. If you enjoy mushrooms you should consider trying to grow some.

My name is Erika. said...

I'm waiting for last week's snow to finish melting, and then it's in the garden for me. I can't wait, so you can image I will once again say I am jealous you are out playing in the dirt already. :) That's interesting about bone meal also. I hope you have a fantastic T day Nicole. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Water is the best

kathyinozarks said...

I have always loved borage but didn't know they could handle the cold that well will be planting some this year-they are edible too Have a good new week
Kathy

Carola Bartz said...

How wonderful that you could "play" in the garden and you certainly did a whole lot! I'm still mainly weeding, all the rain we got in the winter made them do the samba. I'm enjoying spring blooms and the wonderful fragrance of French lilac. Since I've never been successful with growing veggies from seeds, I will soon get some seedlings at the farmers market.

Rita said...

So good to hear you are able to be out in the garden again. I'd take my ant problem rather than a rat one. Not that rats or mice freak me out (had a white rat and mice for pets as a teenager), but they are quite destructive. Don't want the wild ones around, thank you very much. Good luck catching them. They obviously like the bone meal--lol! ;)

Katerinas Blog said...

Very well-kept garden!! I hope you to rest ! The garden takes effort, but you also have rewards!

CJ Kennedy said...

Your garden is going to look spectacular. Happy T Day

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a productive weekend.
Have a good week.

All the best Jan

carol l mckenna said...

Oh wonderful garden delights ~ thanks, hugs,


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Jeanie said...

You are going great guns! We don't even start till May (though I might get some lettuce seeds for now.) I love it!

baili said...

thanks for introducing the bone meal i will let hubby know about .
your garden is blooming beautifully by the grace of God !

everything looks great
hope sun keeps peaking through ,
best wishes for rat venture
water is the best indeed :)