Thursday, March 7, 2024

Friday Face OFF (FFO) 3/8/24

 

 Welcome To Friday Face OFF (FFO)

This is the place to show off your faces or your face. Post any type of face from any medium. You can create it, or find it in nature, or even that face in the design of woodwork in your house. Human, animal, alien, or monster. Any kind of face.
 
I'm not sure what to show this week. I have created quite a few faces this. I feel like I am getting back to a new self. I really don't want to old self. LOL
If you saw my post on Conte', Pastels and Prisma you know that I have been having fun with all of those. 
This is my first face. I use a toned paper, a light blue, and if you know 
anything about me , you know that blue 
IS NOT ANYWHERE NEAR A COLOR I LIKE. So why I chose blue paper is beyond me.
It isn't perfect but I like her expression.
Yes, I have a lot of practice to do but I am enjoying this.

 I started like this. Just scratching in a face.


 Next a bit of detail.



 Add more


 Before blending



I did draw another Conte' face but I will show that one next week. 
I grabbed some white paper and with one graphite pencil and drew this face. I wanted to practice skin. I used a 5H on the entire face except her eyes and I used a charcoal pencil.

A very light hand and patients while layering.
 

 I have found I really like creating skin like this.


 This is pretty slick paper, I think that's why this method worked.


 I can see I need to tweak this a bit.


 
I also sculpted out a face from foil. I don't know if it shows up very well. This is a profile.

This is a front view after I attached the chin. I will smooth this out, wrap it with tape and start a clay piece.


The  feature today is, 
 
I'm also linking up with Gillena.
 
That's it for this week. Now it's time to show me your face.

Nicole
Update. Barbara has closed down her blog so the link will go back to you. Do not click on it. Thank you.

33 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What compelling eyes in your graphite pencil drawing!

Christine said...

Good faces Nicole.

Mae Travels said...

The first face on blue paper really appeals to me. I like the way you used sketchy parallel lines and a limited color selection.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Rita said...

What fun you are having! It is exciting to push yourself outside of your comfort zone. Your faces always have such expression. I enjoy when you show us the step-by-step progress. Have a great weekend. :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I LOVE that face on the blue paper. It is awesome. I couldn't believe the difference after blending, That is WOW. I love it and the other face is amazing, too. Thanks for hosting, dear Nicole.

Cloudia said...

A whole crowd of faces!

Cloudia said...

A whole crowd of faces!

NatureFootstep said...

Hi Nicole. I really like the first face. She, kind of, look like I feel today.
And, yes, I see the foil-face. :)
The sun is shinong today, I will take a looong walk I think. :) :)

Gillena Cox said...

Happy Friday abd have a good weekend Nicole.

Much♡love

roentare said...

The sketches are oozing beauty.

sirkkis said...

You have totally changed your style, Nicole. Good start, I'm looking forward to seeing more...
Happy FFO xx

My name is Erika. said...

I love that conte face you made. That is amazing, and it has "life" to it. It's almost like she is out in the wind. I think your new self is onto something new. Happy Friday, hugs-Erika

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The eyes seem to bore right into me.

Gene Black said...

Sorry, I just have had too much going on this week to participate.

Jeanie said...

My happy faces are the faces I love the most! And speaking of love, those are beautiful faces you created, especially the first conte face.

Tom said...

...I love the foil face, something even I could do!

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! You have been creating wonderful faces with the contes ~ they are all great ~ like the 2nd one the best and thanks for showing us the process ~ hugs,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful faces and photos, you have been working hard, good for you! ugs, Valerie

Gillena Cox said...

Well done with those faces.
Thanks for linking to AFFF

Much♡love

Gillena Cox said...

Well done with those faces.
Thanks for linking to AFFF

Much♡love

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde de sexta-feira e bom final de semana minha querida amiga Nicole. Os rostos ficaram incríveis. Aproveito para desejar um Feliz Dia Internacional da Mulher.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I've had visitors staying all week but I've managed to fit in a couple of faces.
I'm glad you are getting back to a new self.

Iris Flavia said...

I LOVE your faces!!!

CAAC said...

I have so much to learn. I would love to be able to draw more life-life portraits. Maybe one day, my efforts will pay off! :)

Violetta said...

Nice drawings...you are very creative.
Have a good time and all the best
Violetta

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your faces, especially the foil one.

All the best Jan

ashok said...

Excellent face works

craftytrog said...

I love these faces Nicole, they are both beautiful. The sketchy lines on the first are wonderful. I have some Conte pastels somewhere, I must have a search for them.
Hope you have a good weekend.
Alison

Leigh said...

True confession. The link for Dan is for my husband's pyrographic art! he's been creating again so I've been updating his blog for him, and this one qualifies for Face Off Friday (a day late!)

EricaSta said...

Oh, I'm happy. Thank you so much for select my work.
And thank you too for hosting.
I enjoyed reading here again.
Hugs by Heidrun

Linda said...

Love the pencil art. The foil doesn’t show up very well. Maybe if you photographed it in dim light with a sharp light coming in from the side?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Barbara's link went to my draft blog. I can/t seem to find her blog on your site, so maybe you know how to get in touch with her.

Giorgio said...

Nice drawings, Nicole. Have a great new week!