Monday, February 19, 2024

T Stands for Released

 Hi Everyone!

I am so happy. Ohh noooo the happy word. hee hee hee.....
BTW I'm writing this on Monday. I saw my podiatrist today. He was very impressed on how far I have come with my foot. I showed him all of the exercises I am doing and he approved my functional walking several weeks ago. I asked if there were any other exercises he wanted me to do. He laughed and said, "You are so far ahead of the game. I wish I could get some of my other patients to do what you have done." After all of that I put a few of my corpsed skulls on the counter and he went wild for them. He asked if he could touch them. Well of course. Then I asked him to close his eyes. I removed the zombie dead foot from the box I had it in. I held it in front of him and said, "OK open your eyes."  I could not be more happy with his reaction to the foot. Then the nurses came in to see and then pictures were taken. 
The best Dr. ever! I asked if he wanted to see me in a month. He said, "No, I think we are done. But if anything goes wrong you call me immediately." I am released.
I will miss Dr. Stanger.
The sun was shinning for a hour today. I took a look at my garden area. Boy, do I have a lot of work to do to get it ready for this year. I wasn't able to winterize it last year due to my foot, so I will be buying new soil and compost. 
Buckets will need to be cleaned and sterilized. I only got about half of them done last year.

Onion beds need weeding. I will get sand from the dune to mix with my soil. I had to tip over the gray planter. I was so filled with rain water. The plant will come back.


 The big bed will also need some weeding and fresh soil. Even with the garden work I think it is probably good for these beds to get all of the Oregon rain.


 
A few of this weeks dinners.

I baked crusty Italian bread
 

 To go with beef barley soup. Well more stew than soup.


 Tonight we had tostada dinner.


  Better photo?


 One day  I took the left over barley stew and made pot pie.


 I had a small amount of arrow root to thicken the stew.


 
For Valentine's Mr. M. always brings me a single red rose. This year when he went to purchase it the till wasn't working at florist. So she gave it to him for free. YAY!

 


 


 
 Nothing exotic to drink for me it's water, water, water all day long.
 
How many glasses of water should you drink everyday? | HealthShots
  
Yes, I can really do this. :) I was once a dancer and still have the flexibility.

 I am linking up with 
for the Tuesday T-Party. 
I hope to see you there.
 
Nicole
 

23 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What wonderful news from your foot doctor. This truly IS your year, Nicole!

You are making me hungry with your food. I knew I should have eaten before I visited anyone.

Looks like you are already preparing for your 2024 garden. Now is probably the time. I wish you luck since you have had such great results in the past.

Water is always a good choice for T. Thanks for reminding me I need to drink more. And thanks for sharing your good news, meals, and garden prep with us for T this week, dear Nicole.

Tom said...

...having a good doctor is a blessing.

kathyinozarks said...

Good evening Nicole, so glad to read your foot is getting better. exercises are key to getting healed for sure.
I didn't get to set my garden areas in order either-so quite the mess out there-ugh. Your food always looks so deicious-hugs
Happy T Kathy

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Great news! All your hard work, patience and perseverance paid off with your foot, congrats! And so fab that your podiatrist loved your corpsed skulls and The Zombie Foot as well!

Mae Travels said...

Great to hear that. you are dismissed from your doc. He’s the perfect audience for your “foot” of a zombie.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

I think after that doctor's visit you definitely need to kick up your heels. Congrats on that fantastic healing. And I am jealous you have green grass and can start some gardening. I am so ready to do that. Enjoy. Have a super T day Nicole. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Sweet rose!

craftytrog said...

Such great news about your foot Nicole, I bet you danced out of the hospital!
Hope you have lots of success with your garden this year.
I'm eating my porridge whilst reading this, which is fortunate as the food looks yummy. I drink mainly water, just a couple of teas or coffees a day.
Hope you have a good week.
Alison

Gene Black said...

Congrats! I am so happy to hear that you did so well with your PT. The Dr looks like a kind and caring man.
Water is always a good drink choice.

Let's Art Journal said...

So pleased to hear that you are recovering so well - yay 😊. Your garden is looking great and wow, all your meals look so yummy. Take care and wishing you a very Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Valerie-Jael said...

I am doing a happy dance for you, well done! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

Three cheers and congratulations! I'm so glad that you gave him the foot -- that's such a great idea and so suitable. And wonderful that he loves your work. Those dinners look great! Yes, happy and on a roll!

CJ Kennedy said...

You go, girl, and kick up your feet. Cool gift for your doctor, too. Oh, that bread looks fabulous. The soups and stews look wonderful too, but I'm such a carbivore. Awww, to the single, red rose. Happy T Day

Carola Bartz said...

Nicole, I am so happy about your good news about your foot. You must be so much over the moon. Your doctor is a true gem, but even though, I hope you don't have to see him anymore. I can understand your feelings about your garden and all the work needs to be done to get it ready for spring. Because of my knee I wasn't able to do all the work I usually do, and it was way slower. I concentrated on the most important stuff like trimming trees, cutting back and, of course, weeding. The weeding is the most difficult part right now because it rains so much and I'm afraif of compacting the soil if I go out to weed between rain showers. They're not really showers at the moment, it's pouring madly. So I might have to live with some weedy spots and deal with them much later. I did get out a lot, so I'm not feeling too bad about it. I wish you continued healing and enjoy working in your garden! Hugs - Carola

Lowcarb team member said...

That is such great news from your foot doctor ... I am doing a happy dance for you.

What a lovely red rose :)

All the best Jan

Iris Flavia said...

Big, BIG yay to your doc!!!!
Isn't it wonderful we sometimes find the gems? And YAY to yor healing,too!!!
I must admit... when I think of garden I see my Father in front of the telly and Mom doing the work. After her homework. After working.
We have but a balcony. And I do the work.
Your bread looks yummy! Soup....not in this weather ;-) But pie anytime!
A rose for free....made me smile very big!
To dancers (sadly not me)-have a great day today!

MELODY JACOB said...

It's wonderful to hear that your podiatrist was impressed with your progress and gave you the green light for functional walking. You've truly been dedicated to your recovery, and it's paying off in leaps and bounds

MELODY JACOB said...

It's wonderful to hear that your podiatrist was impressed with your progress and gave you the green light for functional walking. You've truly been dedicated to your recovery, and it's paying off in leaps and bounds

peppylady (Dora) said...

Glad your podiatrist is happy with your foot.

Lisca said...

Such good news! I'm so happy for you. You must be over the moon and I can imagine you did a happy dance. Your doctor looks a really nice guy. (But lets hope you don't need him again).
Yes, lots of work to do in the garden and it will be spring soon. Roll up your sleeves but don't overdo it. Just enjoy it.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

CAAC said...

I'm so happy your doing so well and you no longer have to go to Dr Stanger. You've gotten yourself better just in time it seems with winter winding down. You can soon begin your garden for this year. Your foods look so yummy, especially the crusty Italian bread. I love fresh baked bread! I need to make some now. :) How sweet of your hubby to give you a single red rose! It's so pretty. DH got me roses, too. I think I can still kick my leg up in the air but I think I might regret it later. lol Have an amazing day, my dear! xo

Rita said...

There's nothing better than to have a doctor be thrilled with the unexpected excellent results you have gotten. I am so glad he loved that foot!!

You are out in the garden again and also cooking and baking up a storm! (My beef soup is more like a stew, too--lol!) Everything looks so yummy, as usual.

The single rose was also a gift from the florist this year. Nice!

So very happy for you!!! :)

Kokopelli said...

*LOL* for Dr. Stanger and the foot! Too funny! Your Italian bread (and all the other dishes) look fantastic. Yum! The bds look good so far. Just a little weeding and adding some soil/compost and you're good to go.