Monday, February 5, 2024

T Stands for all things good

 Hi Everyone!
It's Tuesday and time to head on over to Bluebeards and Elizabeth's for the T Party.
Last year was so bad for me that I made it a point that this year 2024, year of the Dragon will be a very good year for me. Yes, there will still be issues with health and life in general. We all have them. I have changed the wheel though and am looking at things differently. For my foot, all it wants to do is move. I will say that the movement in my foot in all directions is about 70%. I did find a pair of shoes that doesn't touch my ankle. They are slip-ons and I got them for $30.00 A steal for my area. Plus I love the color and the souls look like I took a paint brush and splattered them. My kina cool. LOL
I don't have to tie them either. 
 
The backs are as pretty as the fronts

I have mentioned before that lupus is very hard on teeth. This last year lupus attacked every part of my body and I actually had to have 4 teeth removed. No cavities, it's deeper in the inside of the teeth. These had already had root canals some 45 years ago. Anyway, I now have new partials upper and lowers. Seriously, my smile is back.
Since I am the least photogenic person on earth, and I take the worst selfies you will have to wait for a photo.
Last year I ordered onions from 
Dixondale Farms. I get a bunch of about 75 onion starts. I am still eating onions from last years haul. I ordered, onions again and got them today. I live in an area where I need long day onions. The bunch holds whites, reds, yellows and Walla Wallas. I can't wait to get them in the ground. They come dormant and need to be in a cool dry place until going into the ground. However, it is so wet this year, (more than normal), that the bunch was damp in the box. I called Dixondale and was told exactly what to do and how to do it. These people are so nice and your shipment gets here fast. Free shipping too.
This bunch is $16.00 but if I bought 2 or another bunch it goes down to $12.95.  I just don't have space for more onions. 
They come like this.


 

All of these beautiful dormant roots.

 I was instructed to lay the onions out in a warm, dry place with a small fan. No warm place in my house. So I put a heating pad under some fabric, topped with newspaper and then the onions.


As the sun came up the other day I couldn't resits stepping out into the morning.

 


 


 


 


 
Ohhh... I'm back in the kitchen. 

 Taco Tuesday, it was actually a Monday. LOL

 


 Pork chop dinner. The white potatoes are sweet potatoes. I have never seen white sweet potatoes before. They were very sweet, but dry. If I get this kind again I will prepare them differently.


 Pizza Bread. I can't tell you how good this is.



 Make individual loaves.



 So you can make a prosciutto, hard salami, mozzarella cheeses sandwich. OMG good.


Of course if I make pizza bread a pizza is in the oven too  


 Homemade canned applesauce that goes into a spicy cinnamon cake
 

 

 Ohhhh soooo darn good it doesn't need frosting.


 

 
 I think that's it for now.
To get into the T-Party I have to show a drink. This is in my drink fridge. Yes, I have one for liquids and another fridge for food.
Mr. M. drinks Gator aid I drink ICE

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.
 
Nicole

24 comments:

Tom said...

...Diondale Farms are the onion kings!

peppylady (Dora) said...

The shoes does look comfy.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Nice shoes! They look comfy.

Iris Flavia said...

I love your attitude!!! To dragons! And comfy shoes.
But teeth, ohhhh, Ingo tried to tell me of his journey - I had to go "lalala"!And there I always thought "Taco Tuesday" is a The Simpsons joke!
Hmmmm, I LOVE tacos! On any day!
And Pizza! Oh, miss that.
To a wonderful, yummy T-Day!

roentare said...

The meals look pretty nice indeed. You really have gone through a lot. I am taking mum to have 6 tooth implants in the coming months.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love your happy attitude. It is infectious.

Glad you found some pretty shoes that don't rub your ankle. Cute backs, too.

So glad you will be able to salvage the onions and the seller is so helpful.

Beautiful sunrise. I like how it changed colors.

Wow, you are making me hungry with that cake and pizza bread. Now I want pizza!

I also love Ice. I had a raspberry Ice just yesterday. Thanks for sharing your week, your Ice and your husband's Gatorade with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nicole.

Giorgio said...

What a beautiful pair of shoes, Nicole! ... Glad to hear good news about your ankle 😊
Thank you for sharing pictures of such unusual pink clouds! I love pizza bread.

Enjoy the rest of this week

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Nothing is quite as satisfying as a good pair of shoes that enable you to walk without thinking about them.

My name is Erika. said...

I like those new shoes. They look really comfy. And it's good to hear that you're back on your feet. And I remember all those onions you grew, mainly because I've never had luck with onions. I should try again-you've inspired me. And I want to eat at your house. Your foot looks yummy. Have a super T day Nicole. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

We had white sweet-potatoes in Spain. They were so sweet that bakeries even used them in cookies. I wonder if Lisca knows about them.
I do wish you an absolutely wonderful year with much better health in 2024. And back to creating your beautiful pieces of art.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Gene Black said...

I think that as we age (I hate saying it that way) that we have to learn to look at things differently. I started a gratitude practice. I name things I am grateful for in my life. (sometimes as simple as the color Pthalo Blue) I find it helps me maintain a happier disposition.

I am grateful that you found those cool shoes (and that is a good price!) I kinda wish you had shown the soles.

What a glorious sunrise! Just one more reason to be grateful.

Jeanie said...

You've had one heck of a year and I'm glad things are looking on the upswing for you. Oh my -- all that food looks wonderful! great anticipation with the onions and those sunrises -- wow!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your shoes look great! Enjoy! And so much food, cakes etc, yummy! Hope this year will be better for you. Have a happy T Day, Valerie

Empire of the Cat said...

Good comfortable shoes are a must! I buy Skechers as they have good memory foam in them otherwise I am in pain. Good luck with your onions, mine totally disappeared last year, no idea what happened to them. I am also hoping for good things in the lucky year of the Dragon! Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Loving your shoes, those paint splattered soles are wonderful - enjoy ☺️. Take care and wishing you a very Happy T Tuesday ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

Luiz Gomes said...

Uma excelente tarde de terça-feira minha querida amiga Nicole. Matéria rica e muito interessante.

CJ Kennedy said...

You shoes look very comfy and the backs are so pretty. I've never seen shoes like that. I don't like tying shoes so always wear slip ins. The onions remind me of my Elderly neighbor. Prissy. She used to have a large garden and would plant onions among other things. Happy T Day

Carola Bartz said...

Good shoes that are comfortable and you can walk in them are so important. I'm glad you found a pair that give you that feel-good feeling. Pizza bread sounds lovely - you just make them with regular pizza dough? I love that idea, I should try it. There is no warm place in your house? Oh, that sounds miserable. I do like your solution with the heating pad and I hope it will dry the onions a bit more. When are you going to plant them? Everything is pretty wet here right now as well, but it seems that after Wednesday we will have drier weather. I do hope though that we will have more rain - we need it. Happy T day to you, Nicole, enjoy your ICE. Hugs - Carola

Christine said...

Good to see you cooking again -Christine cmlk79.blogspot .com

Rita said...

Those shoes look great! I need slip-ons all the time these days. Those are really cute, too.
Glad you are back in your kitchen and going to plant in your garden. 2024 is going to be such a better year for you!! *hugs*

Lisca said...

Hurray for a positive attitude!
Your new shoes are gorgeous. I love the pattern heel. They look really comfortable.
I hope you get to plant your onions soon. I’ve got a friend looking after my allotment and I think he’s already planted the onions 🧅.
Your food looks tasty. I have a drink fridge too. ( ha, great minds think alike!). (My hubby would then comment: Fools seldom differ!) I call it my beer fridge, but it has white wine and tonic water as well as beers.
Happy belated T-Day,
Lisca

carol l mckenna said...

wow! You are on the mend and doing wonderful activities ~ Great post and photos ~ Love your positive attitude ~ Brava and hugs,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

craftytrog said...

A great post Nicole. I love the sunrise photos, and those shoes look very comfy.

Hope 2024 is a good year for you.

Alison x

baili said...

power issue has made me so late to visit blogs as my laptop has no battery .

good to hear that you got your teeth back ,one of my cousin a little younger than me got whole lower new set well most of it ,i don't know what cause her tooth loss in her late thirties though

your onion looks expensive and nice

sunset is splendid :)

and lots of delicious food wow
keep positive approach up my dera talented friend! hugs