Thursday, February 8, 2024

Friday Face OFF Feb 9.

 

 Welcome To Friday Face OFF (FFO)

This is the place to show off your faces or your face. Post any type of face from any medium. You can create it, or find it in nature, or even that face in the design of woodwork in your house. Human, animal, alien, or monster. Any kind of face.
 
By the time you are reading this I will be in Eugene at the cancer center.  ehh... a blood disorder left over from last year. I am NOT worried about it at all. (That seems weird)I'm just going with the flow. It's a Giant platelet disorder, also known as macrothrombocytopenia, a rare disorder featuring abnormally large platelets, thrombocytopenia and a tendency to bleeding. Giant platelets cannot stick adequately to injured blood vessel walls, resulting in abnormal bleeding when injured. Also 20 to 40% of people with SLE (lupus) have this disorder. 
As I have mentioned before, this year, I am not allowing health issues to take over my life. No worry, no stress, only positive energy for me. I will let you know what they say.
OK on with the show.
I have been busy and lazy at the same time. My drawing today took literally 5 minutes. I have a hard time with side views but this seems OK. I can sketch very fast, droping in the features then a bit of shading. When I do take some time the faces are much better. LOL
Boy this is a mess.
 
A friend on FB ask to show a photo of when we were in our 20s. Yep, that's me. On my day off from my real job, selling house plants at the market. It actually brought in some good money. 
 
Here is the above description from AI. I couldn't get AI to make this outside. But I like the fun of it.

 


 


 


 


 Now I know most of you have seen my portrait art. However, I want to show/remind you that I really do know how to draw. This is an older piece.
I have this hanging on my wall and the hair is fixed better. LOL
 Sketing and shading


I do like this face.
 

I do work all over the face. I rarely start with the eyes like most portrait artist. 
 
I think that's it for now. Wishing all of you a happy Friday.
 
The feature today is my very long time and good friend from Kokopelli Designs
She is an amazing animal artist.

I will be linking up with Gillena

Nicole

27 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hope all goes well today/tomorrow. I will be thinking about you.

I LOVE the 5 minute drawing, It would take me a month to even start something that lovely.

I love how you turned your beautiful self into an AI various times and various ways.

Congrats to Kokopelli for being the artist of the week.

Carola Bartz said...

I really like your portraits, Nicole. I had to laugh that you said about the first portrait "it's a mess" - I would love to be able to draw like that. I love the photo of you in your 20s selling plants - I like it much better than the AI versions.
I hope everything will go okay at the cancer center and you can have a good weekend. Hugs - Carola

Christine said...

Fun AI and lovely art Nicole. Sorry about this new turn in your health, thinking of you. -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely art and photos. Good luck at the doctor's! But not worrying is better for you! Look after yourself, Nicole! Hugs,Valerie

sirkkis said...

You and your drawings are more beautiful than those with the AI made girls with china faces.
Happy weekend xx

NatureFootstep said...

Hi Nicole, I prefere your drawings. They are alway good and lovely. The AI is too perfect for me. They don´t look real. Not yet. It will probably be better later on.
Nice to see your younger you. :)

Internet can´t give me a Swedish translation of your diorder, but I think I understand. Can´t be easy to live with. :(
Take care :)

Violetta said...

You looked so cute in your twenties. I suppose you are looking good now. I wish you the best for your health.
Have a good time
Violetta

roentare said...

Your sketches of portraits are always exquisite. The rabbit looks nice too

Tom said...

...there are so many neat house plants these days, I have a serious addiction to them.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

All our hopes are for a good outcome at the clinic. You have certainly endured much of late.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I always like the faces you draw -- they have such character and spirit which you capture beautifully. And I love Kokopelli Design's adorable little rabbits!

My name is Erika. said...

Good luck at the blood center, and keep up that positive attitude. I'm tired this morning so you could send some my way-the positive attitude that is. Grin. And that's a great photo of you in your 20's. Where do the years go to? And nice art this week too. It is always great to see how well you draw, because as you always tell us, you are a fantastic artist. Have a super FRiday and weekend. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Good luck with your continued battle to be healthy and upbeat about everything. That’s an impressive psychic load!

The contrast between real people and AI people is interesting. AI seems to morph everything into sort of a cartoon version of itself.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde de sexta-feira e bom final de semana minha querida amiga Nicole. Seus desenhos são sempre maravilhosos.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lovely drawings. I hope all has gone well.

carol l mckenna said...

Lots of positive healing energy to you and your portrait sketching are awesome ~ so talented ~ much, much better than AI ~ which i don't care for ~ hugs,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

peppylady (Dora) said...

I also hope all goes well.

Rita said...

I hope the clinic visit goes okay.
Love the picture of you selling plants!
AI always creeps me out a bit, though. I like the real you so much better.
And your "mess" drawing. Yes, I wish I had your talent. That would be a fantastic drawing from me, I tell you. My people barely look human--or alive--lol! You get such expression in your portraits!
Let us know how it goes with the bloodwork and all. *hugs*

ashok said...

Lovely sketches. Impressive AI !

snobe casamang said...

Great post and nice portraits.

Iris Flavia said...

You are so positive, I love this! To good health and what a fun pic of you!!

CAAC said...

Nicole,

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for healing your way, darlin'!

The profile sketch of the lady look fabulous. I really struggle with faces period. While working on a sketch over the weekend, it came to mind that I need to share it with you on in your next appointed FFO and I'll do my best to not forget to join Friday. :)

Hugs and love to you!

Rain said...

As we've discussed Sis, there is nothing to worry about with regards to the cancer. I'm sure everything went okay and I still have to answer your email. Sorry I'm so busy! Your AI is really cool, and I love the photo of you in your 20's!!!

Kokopelli said...

Thank you so much, dear friend! I was out on Friday night and missed Friday Face OFF.

Jeanie said...

I'm late to the sign-in party but I have a few friendly faces in this post so here you go!

I love how you handle your challenges, Nicole. You're honest and open about them and share -- but you're also not obsessing (or at least it doesn't seem so to me!). That can be a dark hole!

Have a great week. I'm sorry I'm late visiting! I've been off blog for five days!

baili said...

OH i LOVED your portraits !!!!!!!!!!!!
you are amazing at faces dear Nichole !

your five minutes drawing is very nice ,that shows how brilliant you are in your skills wow :)

i am grateful that you are getting back to art friend :)

loved the most your positivism regarding current health issues ,i agree totally
anyway we can't control things ,only try to survive with best option available so keep breathing and each breath must be loaded with gratefulness that is essential for our survival skills that are bound with our attitude basically .so after giving your best rest leave on God
hugs

baili said...

i left comment earlier but sadly forgot to mention that you were (are)really a beautiful lady in twenties :) Gorgeous !