Monday, January 29, 2024

T Stands for movin' right a long

 Hi Everyone!

This might be a long post. Grab a cuppa whatever, and enjoy the read.

I have had quite a few questions on what happened to my foot, or people are glad it is healed. OK, real quick. The wound is healed. However, due to the enormous amount of swelling 2 days after surgery the nerves were compressed and my foot has been and still is numb from the big toe to the 3rd toe and down my foot to my ankle. It is the strangest feeling. Also, from being in the wheelchair for 3 months my ankle is completely stiff and tight. Since the wound has healed I can now do my own PT and walk. I am up to 45 minutes a day. I even went to the store the other day. I am walking with a cane when I go out just for stability. I can now move all of my toes, flex my foot a little bit, and make a circle with my foot. Non of which is full motion. However, it is foot moving and get better everyday. You have no idea how relieved I am. Yay I can move my toes.


I have been able to make some meals. Mr. M. is very happy about that. We eat breakfast for dinner several times a month.
 
 Homemade is so much better than fast food. Sausage, egg English muffin with hash browns.


 Making roast in the instant pot is so easy. Mashed potatoes and carrots.


 
 I even got into the art room. I'm making a "dead" strange foot for my Dr. He could have told me NO on how I wanted to heal the wound on my foot and sent me to wound care unit. Instead he helped and gave me very good information, herbal medicines and bandages that I needed. This is no where near finished but a good start.
If I can today, this will get toe nails.
I love the creepy skin

 Remember a few weeks ago I took one the onions that I grew in my garden last year and put it in water? It was starting to grow in the fridge. Well here it is now.
 
 It started like this on Jan. 15


 Today Jan. 28


 
One more thing and I am finished. My good friend, Luiz from viagenspelobrasilerio ,
  shares the most beautiful places in his country. Including art, museums and so much more. If you don't already visit Luiz take some time to check out his blog. 
Thank you Luiz 
OK, there is one more important thing. I need to show you a drink to get into the T-Party hosted by 
Don't ask me why. It's cold, wet and windy here but I really wanted a icy fruit smoothie.
This is made with blueberries and raspberries. It was soo good.

 


 


Have the best day today.

 Nicole

23 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What a long haul you have had -- I hope your foot returns to full feeling in not too much more time.

Tom said...

...moving along sounds great to me.

Giorgio said...

Great to hear you feel better, Nicole !

Have a nice new week ☀

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad your foot is doing well, and hope it continues to get better. Your 'dead' foot is surely very clever but I don't want to look at it! Glad you are back to cooking good meals. Happy T Day, Valerie

carol l mckenna said...

Nicole ~ glad you are out and about a bit and cooking such delish looking meals ~ Continued healing energy hugs for ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Christine said...

Nice drink. Glad you are cooking again. Thanks for the foot update.

Rita said...

I am so very glad you are now into the rehab phase with your wound-healed foot to get back nerve function. You are making such progress!!
That is one weird foot--lol! There will not be another one like it, for sure.
Funny how exciting being able to make food for yourself can be so thrilling, eh? I know the feeling. Congrats!! And it looked delicious, too. :)

roentare said...

I am eating berries on the daily basis. A good dose of antioxidants daily for pro-inflammatory body.
Glad that your foot healed so well. Peripheral neuropathy due to surgery usually stays permanent. Watch out for pressure ulcer due to no sensations

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for the foot update, wishing you continued healing.

Blueberry and raspberry smoothie looks and sounds good.

All the best Jan

Carola Bartz said...

I can relate to your excitement about being able to move around. Last week you were at 30 minutes walking, now you are at 45 minutes - progress! I am so glad for you and hope that the numbness will go away and you will get full control of your foot again. The healing of the wound was a very important step. PT is great and I'm sure it will help a lot. More healing vibes are coming up the coast! Hugs - Carola

kathyinozarks said...

So good to read you are improving after surgery. Your smoothie looks delicious-hugs from the Lake Kathy

Kokopelli said...

So glad that the foot story took a turn for the better! Yummy smoothie, but that foot! CREEPY! :D

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Keep on healing! A marathon is next! All the best - David

Gene Black said...

I am so glad your foot continues to heal. You have really worked for it.

The "dead foot" looks really gross! ha ha

Divers and Sundry said...

It's encouraging that your doctor was willing to be part of your healing process. Nice! I'm glad you continue to progress.

I'm impressed by the onion! Happy T Tuesday

Rostrose said...

Oh dear Nicole, that wasn't a LONG post - you still have to practice a bit 😂
I'm very happy that your leg is making good progress and that you're continuing to train diligently. When I get back from my blog break, you probably won't need a cane anymore! Great that you found a good doctor.
Your food photos (not the foot photos 😂) make me hungry, I think I really need to cook something now. It's great that your onion is sprouting, you'll have additional vitamins for your dishes.
I now say goodbye and start my blog break 😘 - with warm greetings 🙋 All the best & hugs,
Traude

CJ Kennedy said...

Good to hear you’re on the mend. I’ll pass on the icy smoothie. Cold and freezing drizzle outside. Happy T Day

Fundy Blue said...

I am so glad to hear that you are regaining movement in your foot, Nicole! What a long ordeal you have been through. Your crafted foot will be a unique and memorable thank you to your doctor. Keep going, my friend!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My sincere apologies for being so late for T this week. I scheduled two medical appointments I thought were for tomorrow, but turned out they were for today. Sadly, I've been either waiting or sitting with medical people all day long.

I was delighted to read about your foot. Progress indeed. A great start to 2024!!!

Loved reading that you are now able to cook and get into your studio, too.

That onion has really taken off nicely. And your smoothie both looks and sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing your foot update and your smoothie with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nicole.


Jeanie said...

I'm so happy your foot is healing and that you are walking. Hopefully in time the nerves might ease (?) and become less compressed. But still, 45 minutes is really good, and that first trip to the store was probably fun! The food looks great and I have an onion that has gone a bit south. I might try your water technique and see what happens!

Empire of the Cat said...

Great progress with your foot! I wonder what the doctor will think about the dead foot! I got an IP at Christmas, still playing around with it, got it for beans and rice mostly, but have made soups etc with it so far. Happy T Day! Elle xx

baili said...

your post was not long at all dear Nichole

i can imagine and so well how it feels to recover from intense unwellness my friend
.this is really a grace of good God that you are feeling better and able to move your toes and walk around little bit !

hope and pray your foot continues to heal quickly !

found your foot even more intense art
oh yes my potatoes once grew while stored in fridge ,this was delightful to see how nature makes it's way when time comes to grow :)
i am happy you are able to cook again .i appreciate your hubby he cooked for you for three months .love makes everything possible and easy indeed :)
your food looks tasty and yummy!

stay healed and take great care of yourself !
hugs

baili said...

this is grace of God that you are getting better everyday dear Nichole !

your post was not that long ,not than my previous comment that just disappeared lol

i am happy you are walking again and moving your foot little bit ,may it continue and get healed perfectly soon .

how nice your hubby cooked for you for long and he must be happy to eat food made by you now eventually :) food looks tasty .
oh yes my potatoes once grew while being stored in fridge ,this is amazing how nature makes it's way when time comes :)
found your art bit sad honestly .
stay healed my friend and please take great care