Thursday, November 30, 2023

TADD with Rain

 Hi Everyone!

Today I'm joining TADD with Rain.
Her theme this week is, Pockets. OK, I will go with that.
I was going to start with the Kangaroo but decided to go with the Possum.
in Mammals

do possums have a pouch

So do possums really have a pouch? (Pocket) Yes, possums are marsupials and they do have a pouch. It is just that their pouch is not easily visible as that of other marsupials. Though the pouch of a Possum may not be as big or visible as that of a Kangaroo, it is an important part of their reproductive system. 

The female possums give birth to their young that are hardly the size of a peanut. These newborn babies are not fully developed as one would expect them to be. These young and helpless babies have to somehow find their way into their mother's pouch. It is inside this pouch, where they grow up receiving all the nutrition & warmth they need.

More pockets

Pita Bread=pocket
 

 Twice baked potatoes=pocket


 The dreaded pocket by your tooth


 Critters make pockets under the ground


Finding a pocket of air, ya know when you are cave diving.
 

 Don't forget a mouth is a pocket.


Well that's it for now.
Be sure to join me tomorrow for 
Friday Face OFF
Link opens Thursday at 7PM PST US 
 
Nicole

16 comments:

Tom said...

...if I had known that I would live this long, I would have taken better care of my teeth.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I want that pita sandwich pocket in my mouth pocket!

Christine said...

Well done on all these pockets Nicole, I didn't know about possums pockets

Iris Flavia said...

Clever and fun approach!

Rita said...

Like your pocket examples--lol!
Marsupials are such fascinating creatures. :)

Jeanie said...

Terrific pocket renditions! I don't know that I would have thought of the kangaroo!

Cloudia said...

Interesting post. Aloha!

Barwitzki said...

...I sewed one and then another pocket :-))) Nice!
Yesterday I saw "Misery" (1991) on Amazon Prime, this film might be something for you. Do you know him?
Nice greetings to you.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...


Thank you for the smiles
Cheerful post lol

roentare said...

The punch has intestinal muscosa?

My name is Erika. said...

It makes me sad when I see possums dead along the road because they eat ticks and other bugs. I've never seen a photo of babies in the pocket pouch. and fun pocket views too. I hope the foot is improving. hugs-Erika

Rostrose said...

I didn't know that possums were marsupials - learned something new! I wish the concept of the pouch applied to humans too - it's much easier to give birth to a peanut than a pumpkin... ;-)
Hugs again, Traude

baili said...

oh i had no idea that possum have pocket where their immature new born shelter and grow wow Nature is full of wonders
your dishes are soo appealing !

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I love the possums. We used to have a family of them that lived near us at our lake house, she and her little ones would come up on our deck at night to look for food (which I sometimes left for her). I always knew when she was there because my dog Izzi would get very excited :) Now the only ones I see are laying dead on the street after being hit by a car ... so sad. Your other pockets are a hoot, like who goes cave diving, and the tooth pockets that the dentist goes probing for with that sharp tool. I like your food pockets, in fact they made me hungry so when I finish this comment, I will go eat breakfast :) I have been missing your FFO ... not because I don't have faces, but because I don't have time to write comments. I know, that's a poor excuse, but I am so busy this time of year. I will try to come, I promise :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your choice for "pocket". Opossums are welcome here. :)

Rain said...

Interesting! I didn't know about the possums! I think my favourite is the pita pockets though lol...