Thursday, November 23, 2023

FFO Graphite Drawing and TG

  Welcome To Friday Face OFF (FFO)

This is the place to show off your faces or your face. Post any type of face from any medium. You can create it, or find it in nature, or even that face in the design of woodwork in your house. Human, animal, alien, or monster. Any kind of face.

I'll start with my foot and end with art. How's that I was corresponding this my doc via email and sending photos of the wound and told him how tight my ankle is and that I still can't flex it. He had me come in the very next morning. He checked everything out and really didn't like the wound at all. Even though I got the size of it down by 3/4. He thought he would have to aspirate but, NO. He put a Silver patch over the wound and told me to leave it there for 3 days. Gave me some sponge bandages and some other medication for after the 3 days. Put me in a boot and told me to be off my foot for 3 weeks. No PT, no walking on it without the boot. Even though the wound is not infected he doesn't want to take any chances and put me on another heavy antibiotic. I'm still on low dose Prednisone, got some pain meds that work and a muscle relaxant to help me with sleep, however I won't take the MR.  Another 3 weeks. Uhhhggg..

I hope all who celebrate had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday. Mr. M. made the entire dinner. A small turkey breast, sweet potatoes, Brussel sprouts, gravy, cranberry jelly for me and biscuits. I swear as much as he hates cooking he is really good at it. LOL
We didn't think we would have turkey this year. They are so expensive here and with my foot can't get into Eugene to shop. But Mr. M. found a very small breast for $15.00. Our dinner may not be fancy but I am so proud of Mr. M.

Now for my face art this week. I tried to forget the pain and drawn again. (Before pain meds) I started off with the wrong pencils. I like to start with hard and work my way to soft leads. 
Again there is no light in my house because it is so dark, cloudy and icky outside.

This week the featured artist is....

I'm also linking with Gillena

Now it's your turn to show me your face. Also tell me how your TG went.
Nicole

24 comments:

Christine said...

Good job on the face Nicole. Sending prayers for your foot, hope it heals quickly.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad the doc examined your foot and has given you meds, advice and a boot. I hope it speeds up healing. Great face, especially the hair and his compelling eyes!

Iris Flavia said...

At least there is no infection, but, yes, yikes to another three weeks.
I think I tore a muscle in my left arm again. But, at least I see the new doc today because of my numb feet.

Oh, your food sounds great! One day I want turkey, too!! Does it taste much different from chicken?
Yay to your Mr. M.!

I have a daylight lamp for sketching. For doing this in the dark your face came out great!

Carola Bartz said...

3 weeks of your foot - that sounds like a long time, but I really hope it will help. I would be totally knocked out with pain medication. Good that you did draw a bit and the drawing turned out so well. I do believe that making art helps and hopefully it distracts you from the foot. I continue to sending good vibes up the coast.

Mae Travels said...

Good to hear that your doctor is trying to help you. Sad to hear it will take so long!
You asked me to share my post but it’s not art work, only a photo of people. I wish all the best to the artists, but I’m not one myself.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your face is beautiful, Nicole. I love it. Sounds like decent news on your foot and ankle. At least the Dr. listened to you for a change. Hoping for the boot to help. Have a great FFO, dear friend.

sirkkis said...

Oh, Nicol, I feel so sorry about your troubles with your leg, and wish it recovers soon. Happily you can make art without the leg; you drawing is great.
Thank you for showing my art this week. Here we have got winter even on the southern coast, no camping now ;)

Take care of yourself XX

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful art, get well soon, take care, hugs, Valerie

NatureFootstep said...

your face is beautiful. Maybe drawing and art makes you forget the pain for a little while. :)

roentare said...

You always draw with a style and conviction. Hope your health improves quickly

Tom said...

...I hope that your doctor figure out why your are still in pain. Take care and be well.

My name is Erika. said...

Happy Day after Thanksgiving Nicole. It sounds like you had a lovely holiday. We've bought those turkey breasts and half a turkey before, and they are yummy. I always look after Thanksgiving and sometimes can find them marked down so I'll pick them up then. Lovely face this week too. And I'm glad your doctor is doing that. Three weeks is along time but you have to be happy he really took so much effort to try to get it back to normal. Have a great weekend ahead. hugs-Erika

Gene Black said...

I don't know anything about a "silver patch" but I hope it works miracles for you. Blessings on Mr M. for making you a lovely meal.
Your drawing is amazing, you captured his personality.

Rita said...

Very nice face, Nicole. Looks like a great dinner by your sweetie's hand. I do hope that this will work. Another three weeks with your feet up...maybe drawing some. Best wishes and healing energy.

Violetta said...

We don´t celebrate Thanksgiving here in Europe/Austria. But I hope you had a fine day - and all the best for a fast healing of your foot. Nice face-pic.
All the best
Violetta

Jeanie said...

Rick found a full turkey for less than half the price of a turkey breast. I saw on TV that overall poultry was less expensive than last year (and that the overall cost of TG dinner went from something like $64 to $62 or close). I suppose it depends on where you live and what you have to eat!

Meanwhile, I'm very glad your doctor is being very aggressive and taking no chances. And glad you went in, too.

I'm sharing some smiling faces from our last weekend today! Happy FFO!

LA Paylor said...

this is an ordeal for sure but sounds like your doctor has a handle on it at least.

carol l mckenna said...

Bravo to Mr. M ~ all looks delicious!

And your portrait art is divne ~ thanks,


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

craftytrog said...

Wonderful face art Nicole.
Happy Thanksgiving. Hope resting your foot helps the healing.
Alison

Rostrose said...

Dear Nicole, it's good that the doctor is concerned about your foot. I really hope that the new treatment helps you! Are you already noticing an improvement?
How great that Mr. M was able to whip up such a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. That looks very good and you are rightly proud of him!
And you can also be proud of yourself, because your drawn face looks very realistic - and very likeable. Well done!
Hugs and all the best, Traude
🍂🕯️☕🍂☕🕯️🍂
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/11/calexico-gansebraten.html

abasozora said...

drawing creativited

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad the dr is taking this seriously, but oh! how I hate this for you. Mr. M is a real sweetheart :)

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased that your Doctor is giving you help with your foot.
I send healing wishes to you and hope that the next three weeks will pass by quickly for you.

Love the look of your Thanksgiving dinner and I like your face.

All the best Jan

Debra said...

Thank you for your visit to my blog! I'm so sorry you are having so many health problems. I know how hard it is to go through stuff-when it seems like it doesn't end. You are one tough woman-I am impressed and you are a good example.
I love your drawing. Your dinner looks scrumptious!