Monday, October 23, 2023

T stand for late blooms

 Hi Everyone!

Today I'm joining in with the T-Party over at Bleubeard and Elizabeths

It's been an interesting week. I had the CTA. OMG! I hope I don't have to do that one again. A beta blocker, nitro, and a large fast push of iodine. I swear the IV needle was the size of a straw. I had a darn migraine for 2 days after. 
Waiting for results. 
Like most places our weather is so strange. One day its storming somthing wicked and the next it is like summer. This has allowed flowers to bloom all over again.
 The first 3 photos are bloom along side of my deck.


 They were all gone until the last rain.


 I can't believe these are have bloomed again.


 My Pork n Bean plant is blooming too. She the red? Those are blooms on this plant. Plus it's huge.


 This Nastursium is amazing. All summer it was having a hard time. Now it is a monster of a plant.


 It is so healthy with lots of flowers.


 And look at these, they just keep growing.


 These are in my big garden area and were almost gone. Now they are blooming like it's summer.


 The side yard is ready for winter.


 No garage so these tubs are filled with garden things.


 
One day last week I canned chicken. If you haven't tried canning meat it is so easy and so good. 
 14 pints


 It's so pretty too.


Mr. M. and I watch cooking shows on Saturday. One of the items that was made was Miso Peanut Butter Cookies. They looked good butt.... Mr. M. looked at me with those wanting eyes and I knew he wanted MY Peanut Butter Cookies.
 My PB Cookies.
 


ACV coming along great!


I stirred the ACV everyday for 2 weeks. Now these jars will sit in the corner of my dark pantry for 4 to 6 weeks. See how the apples have floated up? This is good. All the sugars are sinking to the bottom. Yay!!! I will be back in when it is ready to strain.


 
On our monthly trip to Salem I thought this was such a pretty place.
Now for something to drink.
 
Me and my friends? LOL
Halloween Café, Witches drinking Coffee, (1 HR) Halloween Ambience,  Instrumental Halloween Music - YouTube
Or
Me and my friends. LOL
Premium AI Image | Relocation of witches drinking coffee and talking on  transparent background Ai generative

Either way I love the gatherings.
 
Nicole


25 comments:

Tom said...

...enjoy your flowers, there are few left here.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Gosh, I haven't made peanut butter cookies in forever! May be time to pull out that recipe again.

Christine said...

Glad you got the test done. Pretty plants and good canning.

roentare said...

You really enjoy your organic life. The gathering pics are something I envy.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Peanut butter cookies would be wonderful right about now.They are so good with coffee.

Lowcarb team member said...

It's good that you got the tests done, hope you do not wait too long for the results.

Love the pictures from your garden, still some colour there.

Take care

All the best Jan

Kate Yetter said...

Sorry to hear about your migraines. I hope you are able to get answers in your results.
Your plants are Beautiful. i would love to make ACV. I tried it one year but the top molded. Yours looks great!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Carola Bartz said...

Your flowers are beautiful, Nicole. It is lovely to see them blooming so late in the season.
We don't eat much meat, so I will skip the meat canning. Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

Your flowers look beautiful. We've been surprisingly warm with no frost yet (late for us, but maybe tonight) so I have some flowers still blooming. You can say the weather is definitely strange. I'm loving your T day pictures too. I hope your results come back with good news. And happy t day too. hugs-Erika

Anonymous said...

Peanut butter cookies sound just great. For me the big 3 are peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies (no nuts), and oatmeal cookies (no raisins). That's what my mother made.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

ashok said...

Lovely flowers

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, crazy weather here, also! Sat outside for a cuppa with a friend yesterday. There were bees and all!
Trees are still green, too.
Awwww.... love your hubby wants your cookies, sweet :-)
To wicked gatherings, happy T.Day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Glad that test is out of the way. It sounds gruesome. Now the waiting game begins.

Wonderful photos of the flowers. That is amazing.

I don't can anything, but the apples are starting to look good.

Glad you and your "friends" got together for drinks! Thanks for sharing your flowers and beautiful area where you live along with those humorous drink references with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nicole.

Amila said...

Your post is a beautiful celebration of growth and resilience. Late-blooming flowers are like little reminders that beauty and joy can unfold in their own time. Chicken canning sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing all of these moments.Happy T Tuesday!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

At least it’s over and done with. Fall is flirting with us here. A day with appropriate temperature now and then interspersed with conditions that wouldn’t be out of place in August. Flowers, and animals preparing for winter, hardly know what to do! Humans too. I am really not fond of this. Bring me some frost and some crisp fall weather. Is that too much to ask?

Gene Black said...

All of our plants are starting to go dormant or die. Interestingly this weekend will be in the 80s again. But the lack of rain is really showing in the plants.

Valerie-Jael said...

You have some interesting friends, Nicole! Glad your tests are all finished, what a nasty experience you had. Well done on canning all that lovely food, that's something I've never done. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

I hope you get good test results.

How nice that you're getting re-blooming. A nice treat for the season. I'll join your witchy gathering -in spirit :) Happy T Tuesday

Rita said...

That sounds similar to the heart caths my son has to have every so often. He has to be partially awake for them. He doesn't like them very much, shall we say.

Your flowers are amazing for this late in the year. I would probably agree with your husband and want your peanut butter cookies--lol! :)

baili said...

heartfelt best wishes for the CTA dear Nichole

your flowers are gorgeous and this big one with orange blooms is also in my garden as well but lasts only for two months hardly Jan and Feb probably

i never saw canned chicken before ,this is great
hope your hubby loved cookies :)
hugs

Jeanie said...

Beautiful photos, Nicole. Sending all good wishes for excellent and revealing test results.

Granny Annie said...

Love everything in your post today. Can't imagine canning meat. My backyard looks like your picture of Salem except I don't have the mountains. Be sure and look at my post today.

mvmaithai said...

Weather in SE TN has been warm and very dry. There isn't much fall color to date. My little garden is flourishing somewhat - coleus, geraniums and herbs are still doing well.
Love the peanut butter cookies!

Lisca said...

I'll join you for peanut butter cookies. I love those!
I have no idea what you are doing in those jars in the dark corner. Fermenting? Please tell.
I admire your canning skills. It's probably not difficult but one needs the equipment (which I haven't got) and it would help if people in your area do it so you can ask someone, but canning is a dying art at least where I live. I know that some older ladies can fruit.
Sorry I'm so late in commenting. I found a half finished comment (that i thought I had finished and sent) on my laptop. Now you have it.
Hugs,
Lisca

pearshapedcrafting said...

We still have flowers here but the weather is about to change. We also have some lovely autumn leaves so not colourless yet! I love peanut butter cookies - might have to dig out my recipe now! Hope the test results arrive soon. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx