Thursday, July 20, 2023

Friday Face OFF (FFO)

 Welcome to Friday Face OFF (FFO)
 This is where you can show any kind of face in any medium. Let your imagination go wild. Then link your blog to this one, link up with MR. Linky and start leaving comments. You will not be disappointed.
 
I'm sure you are tired of seeing skulls and skeletons, so today I'm going to show you some faces that I think are beautiful. There is something wonderful about an old face. Especially a woman's old face. 
This is my mama. She always had a smile and her laughter came deep from within her. She told me many times that people have to find something to laugh about everyday. I miss her so much.

 

 Laughter only makes things better.


 Wrap yourself up in a little smile.


 This woman seemed to capture beauty and knowing. I love her smile and her eyes.


 I showed this face not too long ago. There is something about her that makes me want to know her.


 And how sweet is she?
Looks like a lot of love within her.


 This is Princess Angeline, daughter of Chief Seattle. Known for not leaving the city even though the  1855 treaty forced the natives into reservations.


 Corrie Ten Boom a survivor of 3 different concentration camps.


 I could not help but include my Nan. This was taken shortly before she passed at 104 years. Yes, that's me behind her.


 
Now for the featured artist for this week.
It is Monica from NatureFootstep

I'm also linking up with Gillena

Now it's your turn to show me your face.
Have a great day today.
Nicole

24 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love seeing the photos of your Mom and Nan! And of all the other women. I remember reading books by Corrie Ten Boom when I was a teenager -- her memoirs of the camps and Nazis and how her faith enabled her to survive.

Carola Bartz said...

Your mom looks like a very lovely woman, Nicole, and she was certainly right in saying that it's important to find something to laugh about every day. I am fascinated by old faces - I think they tell a story, the story of life. I often find old, wise faces more beautiful and definitely more interesting than young faces. Those wrinkles give a face character. All the faces you are showing here are wonderful including yours! Thank you for sharing them.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful to see the beautiful faces today, love them all, thanks for sharing. Your Mom was gorgeous! Happy Friday, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed your faces this week, Nicole. That photo of you and your Nan is precious. Nice to read some of these women were brave, stood up for what they believed in or were survivors. I was taken by some of these faces, Nicole,

Iris Flavia said...

A very wonderful series and you are right, a smile makes everything better.
Nice to see you, too :-)
Have a happy Friday!

Christine said...

Very interesting collection of faces today Nicole! Here's to older women! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Mae Travels said...

Wonderful faces! I love your photos of your mother and grandmother.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Rita said...

Such beautiful faces--every one of them. :) :)

sirkkis said...

Wonderful old women faces, Nicole, and your Mam and Nan are treasures.
Happy weekend xx

roentare said...

All the wisdom and life written on their faces

Tom said...

...Nicole, you collection of faces is FABULOUS! Thanks for hosting the party! Take care and be well.

NatureFootstep said...

so many beautiful smiling ladies. And your mama looks so sweet. Of course you miss her. :)

Thanks for faturing my granddaughter :) One of my favorite works. :)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

A wonderful series of interesting faces, Nicole. You have chosen well for us today.

My name is Erika. said...

These are such lovely photos. And I bet all of the women in this post, you included (though of course you are not old), have so many fascinating stories to tell. It's sad that society as a whole often overlooks the older folks as everything is on the youth. (Which has its advantages too, but I wouldn't want to go back and have to go through youth again.) Have a super Friday and weekend Nicole. Hugs-Erika

Gene Black said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I decided to do a post of older family photos.

Debra said...

This is a beautiful post! Your face is beautiful too!

dmZapp said...

Nicole, of course I have seen pics of your mom and nan before, but what a treat to see them again. I am always always happy to see a family that was together or close. Thanks, from the not so hot today so far Central Oregon desert, Donna

Cloudia said...

Nice faces that teach much while making us feel better. Aloha!

carol l mckenna said...

Loving photo of your Mama and such delightful other faces ~ Xo

Glad you recognized the little face in the tree cloud ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lovely smiley faces.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh this is a lovely post, Nicole. I love old faces ... they all have stories to tell and it is written all over their faces. Being in possession of an old face myself (though I don't come close to your Nan at 104), I have learned to appreciate what every little wrinkle stands for in each life. I would love to know the stories behind each of your wonderful photos. Your Mama is beautiful and she has taught you well what is important in life ... and yes, laughter gets us through many a travail, she was so right. Just delightful, Nicole ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for linking to AFFF

Much💜love

Lowcarb team member said...

Faces so often tell a story ...
Lovely to see the faces on your post today :)

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

What a wonderful collection. There's a lot of life in those faces.