Saturday, July 22, 2023

Apple Cake for Iris

 Hi Everyone!

Iris from 
asked the question, what is your favorite cake? She said hers would be apple. Just the other day I made an apple cake and told Iris I would print the recipe. It calls for a frosting but it doesn't need one. If you have to have something on top, try whipping cream.
OK this is not the most appetizing photo. 

This is better LOL
Seriously this cake is so good and moist that you will want to eat the whole thing in one sitting. 

Also if I make this again I will use less sugar. It's pretty sweet.
You will need;
1C butter or margarine softened
2C granulated sugar, 3 eggs, 1/2t vanilla,
2 1/2C APF (all purpose flour)
2t baking soda, 1/2t salt, 2t ground cinnamon, 3C coarsely peeled and choped apples. 1C chopped nut optional.
Preheat oven to 350°F Spray and flour a cake pan. I used a 9x13"
In a large bowl bead the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.  Add the dry ingredients.  Mix in apples and nuts. This is a thick cake batter. Spoon into the pan and bake for about 50 minutes. Check at 40 minutes to see where the cake is. Every oven is different. Allow to cool completely before frosting or cutting. 
Hope you try it.
Nicole

13 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Nicole!
This is so different from our apple cakes!
Not that I ever made one... but!
We slice the apples and... well, I think the rest is more or less the same - apart from the nuts - great idea!!!

We also have something called "Apfelstrudel" - you use puff pastry for that, it´s more a roll and you eat it with vanilla ice-cream - even I like that!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It does sound yummy! I often cut down the sugar in recipes because I'm the same way -- I find things too sweet otherwise.

Lowcarb team member said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

All the best Jan

kathyinozarks said...

Sounds delicious

roentare said...

I love apple pies or cakes. They just make my day.

Tom said...

...I would like it too.

Christine said...

Yummy Nicole! I make your pizza all the time now.

My name is Erika. said...

This sounds really yummy Nicole. I haven't made an apple cake in quite a few years, but yours is making me think it's time to make one again. I'm printing this off so I can give it a try when I make one. Thank you.

Giorgio said...

I love apple cake, Nicole. Thank you for sharing!
Have a nice Sunday

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never made an apple cake, Nicole, but it sounds absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I am a sweets person, so I wouldn't cut down on the sugar!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Miriam makes a great apple cake which goes very well with mid morning coffee. Recently she made a rhubarb cake too, which does the job too.

Rita said...

Looks really good! Never had apple cake. :)

peppylady (Dora) said...

Been ages since I baked.
Coffee is on, and stay safe.