Wednesday, June 7, 2023

TADD Crawling Creatures

 Hi Everyone!
I'm so sorry I have not been around to comment on all of your blogs. It has been a challenge to even post. I'm so fatigued that it is nothing for me to sleep 14 to 16 hours every other day. So forgive me and as soon as I can get this thyroid thing taken care I will catch up.
Tonight I am posting with Rain. Her theme is Crawling Creatures. This is perfect for AI art. Here is what I described and AI created.

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


The thing about AI art is that you have to be very specific and even then it doesn't come out the way I see it in my head. LOL 
 The next thing is my garden. It is very different this year. It never gets above 60°F and we have had much stronger winds everyday. Like 28MPH sustained with up to 35MPH gusts. We have had very little rain too. Not good for the fires. So here is the garden.

 Tomatoes are difficult to grow here and with the cold weather I thought for sure this would die. However, with some tender loving care I have flowers.


 Eggplant, however, loves this cold weather.

 


 I can literally see the sunflowers grow. Although how they grow in this cold and overcast is beyond me.


 The potatoes are doing great.


This photo is so dark due to the over cast. One side of the onions.


 The other raised bed of onions.


 Part of the big garden.


 The other part with peas.


 It is so overcast today. Sorry for the dark photo.
Cabbage is doing great.


 The cucks are flowering. YAY!


 Yellow hook squash.


 The first squash.


I grow a lot of lettuce and radish. In particular long red radish. I have never grown them in the big garden though. This year I did and here are the results.
 First radishes of the season. The little one is about 2 1/2"


 This is the big one, 6". I cut a slice to find out if it was edible. OMG! first bite sweet and then a nice radish taste.


I keep forgetting to take photos of food. But here are a few from when I did remember. LOL
OMG! These photos do not look very appetizing. This one is Manicotti. however, I took it out of the pan before it cooled and it came out in a mess. It did taste good though.

 

 This is a potato ground beef thing. I took sliced potatoes baked them until under done. I made ground beef, onions, pinto beans, corn spicy tomatoes. Shredded some cheese to top it and baked until potatoes were completely done. Ohhh so good.


 I haven't baked in a long while. However, when I found this recipe I had to make it. It is cinnamon doughnut cake. I will share the recipe later.


 The recipe called for this very sugary frosting that went around the entire loaf. If I make this again I will leave this part off. I will say it was amazingly delicious.


I know this was a long post and if you read through the entire thing, I thank you.
Be sure to visit Rain to see what she and all the other participants are up too.
 

Nicole

16 comments:

roentare said...

Crawling creatures can be scary but sombre artistic too

Christine said...

Sorry you are not well Nicole. Good AI crawling art. Nice to see your gardening and the food looks good.

Valerie-Jael said...

You're crawling creatures are really wonderfully horrible and scary, aaaaaaaagh! Your veggies are doing very well, how lovely to have your own produce to eat. ope you soon feel better, hugs, Valerie

Gillena Cox said...

You went super crawly.
Luv the potato twice baked dish.
Happy Thursday.

Much💚love

Tom said...

...I hope that you will feel better soon!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Take all the time you need to deal with these issues, Nicole. We’ll all be here whenever you feel up to dropping by.

Gene Black said...

I have never seen those long red radishes before. I love radishes. Did you know you can use them in things in place of potatoes? If you put them in with a roast you wouldn't know that they aren't potatoes.

Rita said...

Really creepy crawlies!
So sorry you are still under the weather. I hope they can help you soon and get things straightened out.
Your garden looks great despite the winds. Wow! And your foods always look delicious. :)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope the doctors take care of your thyroid soon so you can get your energy back!

Jeanie said...

You own the blog, it doesn't own you. Everyone understands. I hope everything will fall into place soon but until then get the rest and all you need. That will help make you stronger. You take care.

Iris Flavia said...

Hope you get better soon, I hate being tired throughout the day.
Skeleton-Henry says hi :-)
My flower-seeds struggle, too, but since today it seems to warm up.
Oh, you made me hungry with all the yummy food!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Well, I have to wonder what you will put out when you are not exhausted. This was an awesome post and love the scary AI skeletons and the sun warming snakes. I tried AI, got a picture downloaded to my files and then when I tried to post it on my blog, blogger wouldn't take it ... so what is your secret?
As for the garden, I am thinking your plants are doing better in the cooler, shadier weather ... perhaps because they don't dry out and that leaves plenty of moisture to help them grow. You do know that you can get a sun burn in an overcast sky ... so maybe the plants get what they need even when it is shadier. But for whatever reason, you garden is spectacular :) I hope you are feeling better soon. I know how "tired" can drag you down. I know your thyroid can be treated ... has the doctor offered any solutions? Rest and Relaxation is always a good solution to most things, says me. So be well Nicole and let AI do the work for you for awhile :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to read yoiu are still unwell. I hope you will feel better soon, You may not have noticed, but I explained on Monday that I was offline from Friday to Monday afternoon because a squirrel ate through my phone/internet line. That is why I missed you and FFO last week.

Your garden is looking good. I can't believe you get such great results in those plastic buckets! Great meals, too.

Fundy Blue said...

You amaze me with your grit, Nicole! Creepy crawlies freak me out, especially snakes! Your A1 images are certainly freaky! Love your lush growing things and comforting food. Hand in there! Hugs to you!

EricaSta said...

Is this a test for Halloween? Sure it`s funny...

...I prefer your recipes. They looking very delicious.

Gillena Cox said...

The Monday WRites linky is on again
HERE

Today you can link up with something stormy

Much💚love