Monday, August 15, 2022

T Stands for smoothie

 Greetings!

Today is T stands for and mine is smoothie.
It has been warm here, 70°F. Yes, I know that is not warm for some of you, but here it is quite warm. Especially with very little wind. So we finally have some sort of summer. There is nothing like an icy smoothie when it's hot.
This was made with smoothie ice cubes left over form my last smoothie. Simply put them in a blender with a bit of sparkling water, or what ever you like and blend away.
I have been wanting to share this cookie recipe for awhile now. Mr. M. says they are the best cookies I have ever made. Now that is saying something. LOL
I really like Molasses and these cookies fill the bill. 
 
You will need;
2 1/4 C APF, 1 1/2 t baking soda, 2 t ground ginger, 1/4 t nutmeg, 1/4 t ground cloves, 1/4 t salt. Mix all of this in a bowl and set aside.
In a mixing blow add 3/4 C butter soften to room temp. 1/2 C dark brown sugar, 1/4 C granulated sugar. Mix until creamy. Add 1/4 C dark molasses, 1 large egg at room temp. and 2 t vanilla extract. Mix until combined. Add the flour mixture a third at a time mixing well. Cover the bowl and put into the fridge for 1 hour. No more no less. If you forget about it, let the bowl set for 30 minutes. Place some granulated sugar onto a plate. Then spoon out 1 T of dough roll into a ball and then roll into the sugar. Space the cookies so they have room to spread out. 
Prepare the cookie sheet with a light spray of cooking oil. Or you can use parchment paper.
Bake at 350°F 177°C for 11 to 12 minutes. Or until you see the edges set. If the cookies are not cracked on top bang the cookie sheet a few times to get them to crack. However, it doesn't matter. These are so good they will be eaten in a day.
I hope all of you have a great day and be sure to stop by Bleubeard and Elizabeth's who so generously host the T-Party.
 
Nicole
 


22 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your cookies look delicious. I love molasses, so I was hooked from the very beginning. They sound wonderful, too.

You made a great looking smoothie. Wise to use the frozen smoothie cubes. You had a head start. Thanks for sharing your cookies and your smoothie with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nicole.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Nicole, you cookies look fantastic, I think I won't make them because I probably would eat them in one day! Thanks for the recipe, I have copied it to my folder. Your smoothie looks good for a hot day! Happy T Day, Valerie

Tom said...

...70°F is just fine with me.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I don't think we have made a smoothie this year. We have some frozen blueberries on hand so today might be the day!

nwilliams6 said...

Yum on the smootie and the cookies (thanks for the recipe). Fun stuff. Hope you are feeling well, Nicole. Happy T-day and hugz

Empire of the Cat said...

Hope you are feeling well, that smoothie looks good and lots of fruit is always good for your body. 70 is pretty warm for here too and we were getting nearly 80s here lately, Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Rostrose said...

Yummie, that looks like a delicious smoothie! I would really need that here too, it's currently 34 degrees Celsius, that's 93.2 Fahrenheit, and tomorrow and the day after tomorrow it's supposed to be a few degrees hotter...
All the best from Austria
Traude Rostrose
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/08/mallorca-reisebericht-teil-4-tag-9.html

Christine said...

Those cookies sound good must try. Your drink looks delicious

Kate Yetter said...

Smoothies are such a refreshing summer drink. Your cookies look delicious! I haven't been baking as much due to the price increase of butter and eggs but these look like one I need to try.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Divers and Sundry said...

I woke up to temps in the 70s this morning and thought it almost chilly lol Our high will only be in the upper 80s. I can tell fall is on the way. I _love_ molasses cookies! Happy T Tuesday!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a refreshing drink and those cookies looks so yummy too 😊. Thanks for sharing the recipe and wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

Carola Bartz said...

70 sounds good to me, much better than the upper 90s we are expecting today, maybe even a 100. Ugh. Your cookies look very good and I easily believe that they will be eaten in a day.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

This is a very similar recipe to my Mom's recipe for ginger cookies that she used to make me when I was a little girl. I still make her recipe every once in a while when I'm feeling nostalgic. They ARE good cookies!

jinxxxygirl said...

I too love a molasses cookie. I have a recipe for one too.. Problem is hubby won't eat them.. He says to give them to the cattle or horses... He grew up on a ranch... thats all i can say for him...lol Yours look yummy!! Mine are darker and i sprinkle powdered sugar on top.. really shows off the cracks.. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, that smoothie looks so yummy!!!
Despite I´m more the salty type ;-)
Happy T-day and yay to summer!

Sharon Madson said...

I sometimes have a smoothie for breakfast. The cookies remind me of ginger snaps, and I love ginger snaps. But yours looks softer and would even be better. Happy T Day.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my! Two to try! I love molasses ( shouldn't really - my sugar levels have to stay low)! Happy T Day, Chrisx

CJ Kennedy said...

I love molasses cookies. They stay so nice and soft. Happy T Day

Lisca said...

Oh those cookies look lovely. We don't have molasses here but we are going to the UK next week so I'd better have put it on the list pronto.
I'm glad you are having some decent weather. And the smoothie looks delicious.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

The cookies sound good. It is years since I made any.

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde Nicole. Desejo uma Ăłtima tarde de quarta-feira. Obrigado pela dica maravilhosa.

Jeanie said...

That smoothie is fabulous. And your molasses cookies look so wonderful -- they are a favorite of mine too!