Sunday, August 14, 2022

Sunday Post

 Hi Everyone!
I don't normally post on Sunday but I have been a bit absent and wanted to share a few things. Most of it is garden, I have several food items but will save that for TADD. 
First I am so happy that Mr. M. built me a new shelf to hold more of my canned goods. I love this minimalist look. This is the 3rd one he has made for me.

 Perfect fit. 

   


I painted it sage and started filling it up. The shelves will hold 52 pint jars and 30 quart size jars. I am happy.
 

 I did a big harvest of dill today 



 Onions are taking a turn in the sun to dry.



 Baby fingerling carrots. I got almost 5 lbs.   Sweet as can be.   This is just part of them.


 The first cucumbers. Such a weird growing year.

 



 The last of the peas. I can't tell you how many I harvested this season. Hundreds and hundreds.


 I couldn't help myself. Coleslaw made with cabbage, onions and carrots from the garden.


 Lemon Mint


 Mint


Lemon Balm.
 

 The herbs before harvest. I am still waiting on the sage.


 I showed this flower the other day.


 Since then it grew more little flowers.




 

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 
I hope everyone is well. I will be catching up on comments today.
 
Nicole

14 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

What a great shelf, and you have the perfect spot for it. Your coleslaw looks good. Your flowers are so pretty!

kathyinozarks said...

Awesome that your husband made you a shelving unit for your canned goods-I always loved admiring all my canned jars-a good feeling going into winter.
your garden has done well, hoping you are feeling better too hugs Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great shelf Nicole! And I have many things painted sage as I love that color. And nie garden produce and flowers too. Are you feeling any better hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...you can never have too many fresh peas.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

An impressive harvest so far! And great new shelving too!

Gene Black said...

Your garden is a happy place! I hope you are well, also.

Giorgio said...

Congrats to your husband on building you a new shelf!
I can see you don't need to buy onions, pees, cucumbers, etc. ... that's great.
Have a nice Sunday :-)

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, this is.... WOW!
Great shelf and ohhhh... so much yum and beauty!

Leigh said...

Everything looks fantastic, Nicole!

Cathy Kennedy said...

Nicole,

Mmm, fresh garden veggies are the best! Honestly, I don't think I've ever had cole slaw made from all fresh veggies. I betcha yours is delicious! Now, I want some. :D I love cole slaw but it's not very kind to my tummy.

Let me ask you a question, I may have asked Rain but can't seem to remember. I assume you dry your herb for use later and while I don't cook with fresh dried herbs I do use a lot of store-bought herbs/spices. What I'd like to know is will herbs/spices keep better if stored in the freezer after opening? Certain spices may not get use as often as others which means they get stale faster. Any advice?

I'm sorry for not visiting as often as I should but I'm struggling to keep my head above water in Blogosphere while we prepare for vacation and do other things. I certainly appreciate it when you stop by to boogie with me. ;) Have a funtastic week, darlin'!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am quite sure, Nicole, that you are the canning queen of the world. A suitable trophy, and perhaps a tiara, will doubtless be coming your way soon!

Magaly Guerrero said...

I enjoy seeing your shelf of canned yumminess also as much as I enjoy your garden. All the different colors in the jars makes it seem like a bouquet one can eat. And the herbs and blooms... what a gift! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

craftytrog said...

I love how self-sufficient you are Nicole, and I love the shelving too!

Jeanie said...

What an array of produce and flowers, Nicole. I love that shelf -- it looks strong and beautifully made and so useful!