Monday, July 18, 2022

Movie Monday

 Hi Everyone!

I sure hope all of you had a nice weekend. It was a normal one here. I guess normal is good. LOL

For movie Monday I am suggesting a series I spent a few days watching. It's called, "Silk" and it is about the English court system, with a bit a drama. I watched this on the Roku channel but it is also on Prime.
New to me, Maxine Peak who is brilliant and Rupert Penry Jones. I noticed a few actors that played in GOT too. That's always nice.
The gist of the series is,
`Silk' follows the lives of barristers on the front line of criminal law. Martha Costello is a passionate defense barrister who faces challenging cases and surprising clients, which test her faith in the criminal justice system. There are 3 seasons and well worth the binge watch.
 
Mr. M. and I took a movie night and watched an old favorite, "Hotel Artemis" with Jody Foster and a host of other actors you will know. As we watched it, I turned to Mr. M. and said, "Yep, this is coming." 
 Los Angels in 2028.
Set in riot-torn, near-future Los Angeles, HOTEL ARTEMIS is an original, action-thriller starring Jodie Foster as The Nurse, who runs a secret, members-only hospital for criminals. There are rules for the hospital and an old broken down Jodie Foster doesn't take any crap from anyone in a calm and sometimes funny manner. 
 
For all of my friends in the heat wave that has taken most of the US and countries overseas please take precautions.
 
I am off to the garden before the 
winds come up.

 Nicole

17 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I might give "Silk" a try. Usually I avoid dramas about lawyers because it drives me nuts how the law and the legal system are misrepresented for dramatic purposes. American shows are especially bad for this. It used to be that British series were more realistic, but that's gone by the wayside too now and they're just as full of BS as American ones.

Jeanie said...

I loved SILK. It's fascinating and really well done!

sirkkis said...

I don't know these films, but sure they are interesting.
Have a wonderful week ahead 💚👍🌿

Christine said...

Thanks for these, enjoy your gardening.

Christine said...

Thanks for these, enjoy your gardening.

Tom said...

...there's nothing wrong with normal.

Giorgio said...

Glad the weekend was normal :-) thank you for the movie!
The weather it too hot here, and it hasn't rained for months. Farmers are in a mess! I'm afraid olive trees will be damaged because of the lack of rain :-(
Take care, Nicole!
Have a nice week!

Mae Travels said...

The Jodie Foster film sounds interesting — how did I never hear of it! I hope you are not suffering from the heat, and over your sick spell.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde Nicole. Parabéns pelo seu excelente jardim. Uma excelente segunda-feira.

Rita said...

I watched Silk and enjoyed it. Haven't seen the other one but will look for it.
FYI--I just got an email with links to your last 16 posts! Why you haven't seen me around. Blogger has really been messing with me. I need to switch up my old ways.

DVArtist said...

That's strange.

Lowcarb team member said...

It's good to have a normal weekend.
Phew this heat! I will be pleased to have some rain and cooler days :)

All the best Jan

Carola Bartz said...

Silk sounds like an interesting series. We might give it a try since you said it's also on Prime. I hope you are feeling much better by now.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I KNEW I had seen Silk, then when I saw it was a Masterpiece series I knew for sure. Masterpiece is a PBS favorite of mine. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've never heard of the other movie, but one out of two is better than I normally fare (grin). Thanks for these.

My name is Erika. said...

Silk sounds like something I would watch. Glad you mentioned it is on Prime. Thanks for sharing, and hopefully today brings feeling better too. hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

Silk is a great series, Hubby & I both enjoyed it when it first came out here.

Divers and Sundry said...

I've passed by Silk a number of times but never clicked on it. You have made me decide to click on it. Thanks! I remember enjoying Hotel Artemis.