Monday, July 11, 2022

Movie Monday

 Hello Everyone!

The last week I was pretty much bed ridden. So....what to do but watch a series on Netflix.
Yes, I binge watched the "The 4400" It's an older series that began in 2004 and ended in 2007. I have to tell you that towards the end of the series I can tell they were struggling to find new stories. With that said, I did enjoy it. I became connected to the characters right off.
What's it about?
What appears to be a comet slows, hovers and stops, then bursts forth to reveal 4,400 people who were presumed dead or missing over the past 50 years. They look exactly the same as the moment they disappeared, but some of the returnees now have special powers. After one of the 4,400 commits a murder, a special division of the Homeland Security Department is formed to monitor them. It gets crazy after that.
I love that Peter Coyote is one of the stars. 
 
The movie I watched is one I have seen before. However, give me a movie with John Cusack and Ryan Philleppe and I can watch it more than a few times.
This movie is, "Reclaim"
Steven (Ryan Phillippe) and Shannon (Rachelle Lefevre) adopt a young girl but soon realize it's all a scam.
Benjamin ( John Cusack) is all about the scam.
A very good movie. It ends well.
You can stream on the Roku, Pluto or Plex channels.

I hope you get to watch these.
Have a great day.
 
Nicole
 

 

14 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that this week will be better for you!

Christine said...

Glad you are feeling better.

Gene Black said...

I haven't seen or heard of "The 4400" - I may look it up for when I finish my current series.

Giorgio said...

I will watch the movie, Nicole! Thank you :-) Have a nice week

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm unfamiliar with these. I'll look into them. Thanks!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like Peter Coyote in a movie too!

Jeanie said...

Never seen either of these! New to me!

Debra said...

Sending you a hug.

Heidrun said...

Good, that you feeling better . Indeed we often watch Netflix. Mostly I love Frankie & Grace.
Hugs, Heidrun

Sondra said...

I am watching a series called Dark Winds, it's based on the Tony Hillerman books, and the Navajo Police officers Jim Chee and Joe Leaphorn. I have read every single novel Hillerman wrote, and its great to have these characters back in action. It is on AMC I don't have cable so I use the free streaming service call Bflix, it shows up about a week after the AMC air time. I think I will look for Reclaim, every movie I search is on there.

Mae Travels said...

I hope you are getting back to normal fast! Watching TV and movies is ok,but I hope you will have a choice if that's what you really want.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

carol l mckenna said...

Thanks for your supportive comment about my losing Angel ~ I am lost.

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I remember watching the 4400 when it first came out. I think I quit watching the last year for possibly the reason you shared. I've never seen the movie, but it's nice to know I can see it on my Roku if I choose to do so. Thanks for the recommendation.

Cathy Kennedy said...

We liked the original 4400 series. There's a new one but we haven't seen it yet. Reclaim sounds interesting. I may see if it's elsewhere since we don't have Netflix anymore.