Thursday, May 12, 2022

TAD

 Greetings!
 
Today is TAD with Rain and her theme is Sun and water. Well, as you know there is no Sun shinning here. Water? We have plenty of. It falls from the sky leaving floods in her wake. We have the pacific ocean that throws her angry waves up on the shore and the roar keeps me awake at night. The river is only a block from me. The early morning mist rising off the fast moving current isn't disturbed by the rain. We also have 27 fresh water lakes. We have so much water that at times I feel I am drowning. LOL
I am a Taurus. I need land and earth.
These photo were taken from google and they all are close by me.
 South Jetty

 North Jetty


Sutton Lake
 

 Tahkenitch Lake


Carter Lake
 

 Siltcoos Lake


 Woahink Lake


 Cleawox Lake


 Munsel Lake


 Heceta Water
 
Casing Lake


 Siuslaw across the bridge looking at Old Town


 Siuslaw Bridge


 and of course Clear Lake. There is one in every state.


Mr. M. and I have been to all of them.
 
Yesterday I mentioned I would show some food. Most of you know I can meat. Awhile back I canned some burger patties. They are small so as to fit in the canning jar. I made this for Mr. M the other night. The patties would make the best sliders.

 This burger was cheap and as you can see a lot of fat. I did rinse it before canning. And again before cooking.


 In a pan melt some butter and a bit of worchestershire sauce.


 Then add the meat. You are just heating it through. The meat is cooked.


 


 I will tell you the meat tastes very good.


 Add tomatoes to toast with mayo


 Add bacon 

 


Add the meat


 Top it with a lettuce


 
Now this is where I would show you the sandwich cut and ready to eat. However, Mr. M. was hungry and took the plate before I got the shot. 
You get the idea though. :)
 
Wishing all of you a great day!
 
Nicole

16 comments:

Tom said...

...you live in a beautiful land of water.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of beautiful lakes where you live! Your husband's meal looks good! Have a great day, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

Beautiful water scenes. I imagine many a happy walk can be had in these areas :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Beautiful water and sun shots, Nicole. You live in a beautiful part of the country, but I understand how you might feel you are drowning at times. Still, you found some lovely illustrations.

Let's see: I don't eat meat, no burgers, no bacon, and I HATE mayo. It tastes like soap to me. Other than that, the tomato and lettuce would be good together (grin)! Still, i appreciate the photos.

carol l mckenna said...

Great photos of water nearby ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Gillena Cox said...

Yummm for those sandwich scenes 😊

Happy Thursday

much💛love

Debra said...

Beautiful photos of your part of the world. And your foodie pics are very good too.

Karen said...

The lakes are all so beautiful and different. I can't get enough of water ~ I love it! Enjoy ~

Anonymous said...

Y U M, BLT’S ARE THE BEST! DONNA

Christine said...

Lovely photos and yummy burgers.

Jennifer Rose said...

I would love to be near that much water 😀

My name is Erika. said...

You have nice lake photos and so many lakes around you. We also have lakes and the ocean, but I'm closer to lakes than the ocean. I'm a Pisces, so unlike you, give me water. Have a great end of your week Nicole.

NatureFootstep said...

wow, you certainly have a LOT of water. Maked for great shots too :) But I can understand it might be too much at times :)

Jeanie said...

That's a good idea about the canning jar and the burgers! You DO live near lots of water. I love that. Maybe not the drowning part, but oh, I look forward to getting to the lake.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh my, you live in a beautiful area and I would love the sound of waves hitting against the shore. I would think it would be mesmerizing and help me sleep. So I am assuming you are somewhere in the Northwest. I have been out there visiting friends and I loved it ... would love to go back. Your pictures are beautiful and what a wonderful life you lead. So I can see that you don't have a lot of land like we do ... like miles and miles of fields and corn and beans and all of those not so beautiful views. But, definitely land if you should ever decide to come this way, I'll show you the not so beautiful sites :). As for your canned hamburgers (when I read it I chuckled)they look delicious and I am glad your husband ate it before you took that last picture. You and Rain make it hard for a person to keep their weight under control. I Immediately wanted to go get something to eat and now I am craving meat (which I don't eat often). I would add a couple slices of avocado to to your yummy sandwich ... then, like your Mr. M, I would down it :) So great post, Nicole. Enjoyed all of it ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Rain said...

That sandwich (I always say sangwich lol)...looks absolutely DELICIOUS...no wonder Mr. M grabbed it! Smart gal for canning meat! The photos you've shared makes your area look picture perfect! But...I know how much rain you get and even sometimes tsunami watches, you definitely need more sunshine! ♥