Sunday, January 16, 2022

Sunday clay corn chowder sorbet

 Happy Sunday Everyone!
 Well the tsunami was small and we didn't have to evacuate.  Thank goodness for that.
Yesterday, wanting to take my mind off of things I put on a movie and started to paint the clay pieces I have made up. Faces large and small, some jewelry components for dolls. These are all painted with all types acrylic paints, inks and mica pigments. Also some of the textured matt patina paints.
You can click on the photos to see better.

 I am very happy with the outcome


 Blueberries dropped into the Nija and blended to a nice sorbet. No sugar.


 I am not a chowder person, however, I found this recipe for corn chowder and made it for Mr.M.


 He liked it but it was too sweet for me.


Corn Chowder
1/2 lb bacon, 1/4 C chopped onions, 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, 1 can 15oz cream corn, 1 can evaporated milk, 1 cup of potato water. salt and pepper to taste.
NOTE: I cut this in half and if I do make it again I will use regular milk. The evaporated is too sweet for me. 
In a sauce pan boil potatoes until tender.
Save a cup of the potato water.
 While those are cooking
Chop up the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove bacon then cook the onions in the same pan. In the soup pan add all of the ingredient and cook through.
Hope you try this and if you do let me know how you like it.
Have a great day
 

16 comments:

Tom said...

...I enjoy chicken corn chowder.

Granny Annie said...

That sounds very delicious. The 1st step I have to do in making this is learn how to cook. Lol

Divers and Sundry said...

I've been seeing photos of Tonga. Wow.

carol l mckenna said...

Oh your clay faces are divine ~ so creative and colorful ~ Xo


Wishing you peaceful moments,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

ashok said...

Liked all your clay art works...welldone Nicole

Gillena Cox said...

Nice that you completed so many clay pieces. Bon appetit.
Happy the weather was kind to you.
Thanks for dropping by my blog today

Much love...

Magaly Guerrero said...

I am glad you and yours are all right, and evacuation was not necessary; even the thought of a tsunami makes one uneasy. I love the faces, especially the colors and variety of expressions. And the garlic bread looks sooo alluring!

Giorgio said...

Great to hear you and your family are all right, as the evacuation wasn't necessary!
Your faces are fantastic, Nicole :-)

My name is Erika. said...

That chowder looks great. Corn chowder can be a bit sweet but I do love it. I've never used evaporated milk to make it though so that's an interesting way to do it.

My name is Erika. said...

I forgot to say glad the tsunami didn't happen too!

Lowcarb team member said...

Good to read you are all ok and didn't have to evacuate.
Your faces are very good.

All the best Jan

Christine said...

Chowder looks good!

Iris Flavia said...

Great art!
I´ve never had this food.
Boring ole German here ;-)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I have had seafood chowder of various kinds, but as far as I know I have never had corn chowder, and if I never do that will be fine with me!

craftytrog said...

Great makes! I love your faces, and I'm rather partial to a bit of garlic bread.
Glad you didn't have to evacuate!
Alison

Mae Travels said...

Your Firelady is beautiful. Too bad your post disappeared. If anything of mine has disappeared I haven't missed it!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com