Monday, January 17, 2022

Movie Monday

 Hi Everyone!

First I want to thank you all for the well wishes.  Ya know for the broken car, cups falling on my head and the tsunami. Blogger took the post down. Probably because I use the Eff word spelled with a ph. Who knows. Anyway, I am feeling better and seriously it is what it is. Life throws things at you and it is not how you react, rather the action one takes to overcome. I simply had a bad moment. LOL

For Movie Monday Mr. M. and I watched, "The Devil All the Time" No it is NOT a horror movie. The cast has some of my all time favorite male actors like Robert Pattinson, Tom Holland, Bill Skarsgard, and Harry Melling to name just a few. Set in rural southern Ohio and West Virginia, The Devil All the Time follows a cast of compelling and bizarre characters from the end of World War II to the 1960s. There's Willard Russell, tormented veteran of the carnage in the South Pacific, who can't save his beautiful wife, Charlotte, from an agonizing death by cancer no matter how much sacrificial blood he pours on his "prayer log." There's Carl and Sandy Henderson, a husband-and-wife team of serial killers, who troll America's highways searching for suitable models to photograph and exterminate. There's the spider-handling preacher Roy and his crippled virtuoso-guitar-playing sidekick, Theodore, running from the law. And caught in the middle of all this is Arvin Eugene Russell, Willard and Charlotte's orphaned son, who grows up to be a good but also violent man in his own right. 
I was so taken with the complexity of the story and how well it played out in the movie. I watched it on Netflix and can't find another place to stream it. 
Well worth the money to get Netflix for a month to see it. LOL 
This scene is a bit into the movie and the first where we see Robert Pattinson. What a creep he is. Oh he is the new pastor.
I binge watched the Yellowjackets series that I featured a few weeks ago. Last night was the finale and I am telling you if you have Showtime or can get a friends password to stream it, then do it. One of the best series I have seen in years. You can see the post here
 
This is a different trailer than previous post.

 
Here's the cast.

OK, the best part is there will be a season 2!
Yay!!!!
Have a great day and enjoy whatever you watch.
 
Nicole

9 comments:

Tom said...

...I've never had a post taken down.

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing. Oh I never knew blogger deletes posts, awful they took yours down, can't see why myself.

craftytrog said...

Sorry to hear you've been having a tough time lately Nicole. I must have missed that post. I'll look out for that film on Netflix.
Take care, Alison

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've seen "The Devil All The Time" and can attest that it is pure Southern Gothic! In fact, I watched it twice and then got everyone in my movie club to watch it so we could discuss its "WTF?" plot.

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you at least had a good film to watch after all the mishaps. Stay safe and take care, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

I had no idea that actual word would get a post taken down, much less that it would with "ph" instead of "f". So odd. I need to go take a look at their terms of service, because if that'll get a post taken down they're missing a lot of posts ;)

... Googling seems to indicate that profanity -much less "ph"aux profanity ;) - does not violate their TOS, so my guess is the post was removed by mistake or for another reason. https://www.blogger.com/content-policy

Back in May of last year this was a big problem (posts being mistakenly deleted). Blogger restored them as drafts and blog owners could republish them, but I think at that time blogger sent email notifications.

Anyway, I hope it gets sorted.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I have certainly seen other posts with language some might consider offensive, but they have not been taken down.

Granny Annie said...

Cannot wait to watch The Devil All The Time and glad I have Netflix. I wanted to see Yellowjackets but don't have Showtime and don't have any family to borrow the passwords.

baili said...

Precious Nichol i am sorry for all the trouble you went through last week!

But thank goodness that you have such incredibly amazing attitude that helps you to stay calm and have faith which i love most about you!
I liked your movie recommendation and if i remember well i think i have watched it but i will try to make it sire that i did really :)
Hugs and blessings!