Thursday, December 16, 2021

TAD Christmas

Hi Everyone!
Well I did it again. Wrong week for TAD. 
OH Well!!!
Like most of you I am busy busy busy!
I am very blessed that my dolls are selling and that is my busy. Each doll is unique and the joy it brings me to make them is beyond what I expected. My Stickman dolls are the best sellers and I am thrilled.
I will show them down the post. 
Right now it is TAD and Rain's theme is, " Christmas Future"
Well if the world keeps going the way it is there won't be a Christmas Future. Did you know that the movie, "Soilent Green" was set in the year 2022? Youngsters don't even know this movie but I am sure some of you do. 
Will this be the Christmas Future?
 
Will the very rich send out Suris, (surrogates) to shop for them, party for them, live for them?
Called HIBA, which stands for Hybrid Intelligence Biometric Avatar, the consciousness will take on the personas of its users and exchange information between them. It's being developed right now thanks? to people like Zuckerberg, Musk, and many others around the world
 
Will Christmas trees look like this shinning onto the wall?
 I personally don't see the future of my grand and great grandkids looking like anything I would want to be a part of.
Hopefully they will see in their minds eye the Christmas's of the past and think we had it pretty good. 
 

Wishing all of you the very best day.
Be sure to stop by Rain's to see what the TAD gang came up with for this theme. Plus don't forget to check out Rain's YT channels. They are fantastic!
 

23 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that these faces aren't self portraits!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh yes, I went to the movie "Soylent Green" when I was a teenager. It was so shocking, LOL! And now here it is, the brink of 2022 . . . .

Valerie-Jael said...

I'm so happy for you that your beautiful dolls are selling well. Let's hope Christmas stays as it is we don't need a world of artificial people! Valerie

Christine said...

Nice take on TAD theme, so glad your dolls are selling well!

Giorgio said...

Great to hear you are so busy, Nicole ... I hope you will continue to sell your dolls. The good news is that making art makes you feel good :-)

Here the cold weather hasn't been unconfortable yet.

All the best!

Rain said...

I'm SO happy for you Sis for selling your dolls, boy are they gorgeous!! Oh look at it this way, you have a jump on next week's theme lol...as for Soylent Green, I've seen it twice. I'm a huge Edward G. fan, he is one of my all time favourites...he was a great lover of the arts and a painter too. I've seen all of his movies. Soylent Green was released in 1973 and it was Edward G.'s last film, as he died in January of 1973. That last scene where he was dying in the movie touched me so much, to tears. What a lovely post! ♥♥

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have to admit I've never heard of Soylent Green, but it gives me an idea of what to consider when I look at next week's theme. I'm so glad your dolls make you happy and are selling well.

Gillena Cox said...

Happy to hear your dolls are selling. I think the traditional Christmas tree is here for a long time still

Much💟love

Leigh said...

The dolls will be somebody's welcome Christmas present! And I have to agree with you about Christmas future. :(

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The future is not something I would want to be part of.

Divers and Sundry said...

Soylent Green is an impressive film. I'd forgotten it takes place in 2022. I'll hafta watch it again. I think I like that green Christmas tree design lol

I'm glad your people figures are selling so well. It's an entirely new art form for me.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I hope we don't let the future get too crazy. Change is good when it helps, but when it just take away everything we are... not so good.

Love your dolls. So striking!

Elderberry-Rob said...

Those stick dolls are very clever, they remind me of Nightmare at Christmas nd also the Deathly Hallows on Harry Potter... very interesting and of course are right in there with the TAD theme as they are a present for someone.

Iris Flavia said...

That Christmas thing sounds scary.
But BIG YAY for your work selling so well!

Sorry, I have to laugh. That digital one at least makes no mess!
I once found a Christmas three in the street wearing a sign that he´d like to celebrate with you - Ingo took him home (in German trees are male and I named him George).
2 years later I STILL found needles!! OK, made me smile and I still have the sign, so.. no to digital ones.

EricaSta said...

Gratulation selling the dolls. And of course... merry Christmas ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Granny Annie said...

I can't wait to find SURROGATES. It looks really good. Congrats on your success with the stickman dolls. They are wonderful, wonderful! All of your art is wonderful, wonderful.

Hot guys said...

Haha, that's a fun fact about the movie 👍🏻🙂 Btw, your Stickman dolls are quite creepy, yet quite cool 😈🔥

NatureFootstep said...

congrats for selling the dolls :)
Re the movies. Can´t remember seeing any of them :(

ashok said...

Good to know that your dolls are admired and sell well...keep rocking

Mae Travels said...

I remember hearing about Soylent Green but I've never seen it. You do make it sound all-too-relevant. I'm really admiring the dolls!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

carol l mckenna said...

Those dolls are so beautiful and so creative ~ glad they are both going to the same home ~ happy for you ~ Xo

As for the Xmas future ~ don't even want to think about it ~ In MA I feel like I am partially living The Grinch story ~ So many things have been cancelled ~ sigh.


Happy Day to you,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Jennifer Rose said...

the movie hasnt aged the best in some parts and I think the book is better lol

Rajani Rehana said...

Super jobs