Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Blueberry Cake

Greetings!
 Yesterday Mr. M. and I had to drive to Eugene. We both had doc appt. Me for my ears and Mr. M. for a scan on his back.
I like down town Eugene. It's a college town so there is lots of young energy with great little shops and eateries. Getting there however is traffic chore. LOL
The medical center is downtown and as we looked over the city from the top of the parking garage it was full of life. Everyone! wore a mask. The people walking or riding bikes all following the rules.
It was a nice to see no one was upset about it. Not like in my town. The sun was shinning hot and it was a lovely day.
Today I have a 9 zillion things to do so here is what I wanted to share. The recipe for Blueberry cake. It is a very thick cake batter and once I added the frozen blueberries I had to press the mix into the pan. I thought, "Oh this is not going to bake well." On the contrary it is one of the best cakes I have made with fruit in it. I wanted to share it with you.
Ingredients
For the topping I made a basic crumble topping.
For the cake
1/2 cup soften butter
2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups AP flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt   
2/3 cup milk
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries.
1 make the topping and set aside. 
Lightly grease and flour 9x13" cake pan. 
Pre heat oven 350°F (180°C)
In a smaller bowl mix dry ingredients. Set aside.
Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until blended and creamy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat until blended and creamy.
Add 1/3 flour mixture to wet and beat just until blended.
 Add half of the milk, beat just until blended. Continue alternating flour and milk until it's all blended. Add the Blueberries, (you can use other fruits you have on hand.) 
Pour into pan and press into the corners. Add the topping.
Bake for  40 to 45 minutes. Check the cake to make sure it is done.  In my over I had to bake for 55 minutes.
This is my new go to cake recipe, it is that good. 
 
Hope you give this a try.

If you don't think the delta variant or covid 19 can hurt you,
YOU ARE WRONG! Protect yourself and others. 
Get vaccinated and wear a MASK!

14 comments:

Tom said...

...yum!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, that cake looks good!

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde Nicole. Confesso que nunca provei mirtilo. Deu vontade de saborear esse bolo maravilhoso.

Valerie-Jael said...

This looks sooooooooooooooooooo yummy! Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Glad at least ONE town is following the rules. I was at Ace Hardware yesterday and NO ONE had a mask on except me. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I might try it if it ever cools enough to turn on my oven again.

Christine said...

Will save the recipe thanks!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It must have been pure delight to see people going about their business, respectful of each other, and following the simple rules that will keep us all safe. Bravo, Eugene!

My name is Erika. said...

This cake looks and sounds delicious. I bet it was wonderful to go someplace that people are wearing masks and thinking about others. This mask argument is just ridiculous. There are still people saying they don't do anything. It's insane.

Jennifer Rose said...

that looks really good! sadly no more baking for me

Rita said...

Nice to hear about all the folks wearing masks. Hope the appointments went well. That looks really good! :)

Cathy Kennedy said...

Nicole,

The blueberry crumble cake looks and sounds good. I'm going to jot the recipe down. A couple of weeks ago, I made a lemon blueberry cake with a lemon glaze and it was really good. I didn't photograph it and honestly I can't recall if I used a recipe now or not. What made the cake especially good is the lemon glaze, instead of using water like it called for I substitute lemon juice and WOW did that ever give it just the boost that it needed!

baili said...

Oh this one looks soooo delicious dear Nichole :)

kind of mouth watering lol ,thank you for the recipe

glad you had great time in town and your tests went well hopefully .

carol l mckenna said...

Oh yummy! Love blueberry cake ~ Xo

Living moment by moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Divers and Sundry said...

Sometimes I think there's an urban/rural divide on mask acceptance. When I think of the northwest (where I've never been) I tend to think of cities instead of smaller towns and rural environments.

The cake looks delicious!