Saturday, August 7, 2021

Garden Saturday

Happy Saturday Everyone!
  
Gardening has become a joy for me and my GH just make me giggle out loud every time I go inside.
It's a healthy jungle providing food I couldn't grow last year due to the cool, windy days.
Things like tomatoes and peppers. 
So here we go. 


Onions doing better outside than in the GH

Black beans. They have to turn brown then harvest the beans.
 

 

I don't get photos of all my harvest but here are more beans, cucs, and the first tomatoes.

Squash wants to grow here. This is outside.
 


 This beauty is hitting my roof line.


 And these love the hotter weather we are getting


 Inside the GH. Paper around the tomatoes helps to turn them red.


 The ever growing squash plant


As of this morning there are 8 squash on this plant

 More tomatoes in the back corner. Yeah that tree.LOL


 Cucs, peppers, lettuce, celery.

 I was hoping the tomatoes would show in the photo but this tree is full.


 
And to finish the day I baked zucchini, sweet potato bread. One has raisins for me. Mr. M. gets his plain. LOL

That's it for now. Let me know how your garden is doing.
 
If you don't think the delta variant or covid 19 can hurt you, 
YOU ARE WRONG! Protect yourself and others. Wear a MASK! 
 
 Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

14 comments:

Tom said...

...my sunflowers are doing better than my vegetables.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Last year, a friend of ours had a fabulous zucchini crop and kept us well supplied. He finally had to call a halt to people taking him zucchini bread as a gesture of thanks! At one point he received four loves in just one day!

Divers and Sundry said...

You are Queen of all Green Thumb Queens! I planted parsley this year hoping to attract butterflies, but though the parsley is doing fine no butterflies seem to care lol My fall-blooming wild sunflowers are reaching high this year. I didn't cut them back in early July like I usually do.

My name is Erika. said...

You are producing more food than I am so far. Your plants look great, and I can tell there's lots of love going on in your greenhouse. Happy weekend!

Christine said...

How rewarding your garden is. The breads look delicious, I often leave stuff out for the others too and bake one for my preferences.

craftytrog said...

How wonderful to be so self-sufficient Nicole! Your produce and baking look delicious. I'll take a slice of the raisin loaf!
Happy weekend,
Alison

Valerie-Jael said...

You are a wonderful gardener and cook, well done! Have a great weekend, Valerie

Luiz Gomes said...

Alimentos saudáveis e sem química. Desejo uma grande e maravilhosa colheita.

Jennifer Rose said...

I like raisins but not in bread lol

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

that's a really tall sunflower and your squash looks great

Debra said...

Your garden is really amazing. Don't you just love fresh zucchini bread? I roasted lots of fresh beets and potatoes from my garden. Yum.

Hot guys said...

Yeah, girl... your garden is everything! 👏🏻💚🙂

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

Your garden is certainly prolific. Black beans are one of my favorites.

Arun Goyal said...

Those sunflowers are very pretty. Your harvest is scrumptious. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.