Sunday, July 11, 2021

Wind from hell garden saddness

Hi Everyone!

Siiiggghhhhhh.....
You have read on my blog how much the weather sucks here. It's hardly ever warm, it rains a lot, marine layers take the sunshine and the wind is constant and at times angry like the ocean it comes off of. Well yesterday and last night it was just that and is supposed to be worse today.
This is what I woke up to.

This is inside my greenhouse. My beautiful lettuce I showed yesterday is under the other tables completely out of the container. see the bowl of lettuce on top of the cucumber? Cucumber plant is a little shocky but OK. This is more disappointing than you know and cleaning the GH is not what I had planned for today.
I need a beer. Ohhhh it's 6AM I guess I will settle for coffee. LOL. I am trying to laugh this out.
 
Wishing you a much better day than mine.
 

No Matter What Your State or Country Says Be Safe Out There And Protect Yourself. Not Everyone Without A Mask Is Vaccinated. 

 Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

19 comments:

Tom said...

...sad to see. Put some rocks in your pockets so that you don't blow away.

EricaSta said...

Oh, that's not good. We have stormy wheather too. Therefore I know very well what you here describe.

Wish you better days too.

Christine said...

Oh no!

Divers and Sundry said...

What a shame! I'm learning so much about the weather in your area. I never knew!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh no, what a disaster! Have that beer!

Mae Travels said...

That looks really frustrating! What a sad loss of all your gardening work. I don’t know where you are, so I don’t know what your weather system looks like. Good luck with better skies!

best— mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Valerie-Jael said...

So sorry, Niccole you have worked so hard in your garden. Drink your beer, you need it! Valerie

Barbara said...

So very sorry, Nicole. I know how much you love gardening. It seems we are weather-doomed no matter where we live. Our problem in NJ these recent years is a long hot summer. Plants in the sun have died.

Amy Johnson said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. Gardening can be so aggravating sometimes. We had a horrible wind and rain here too. It knocked down all my tall lilies and a tree branch fell right into my flower garden destroying some blooms.

Luiz Gomes said...

Puxa Nicole, que triste e chato tudo isso. Breve você reconstruirá tudo.

Rita said...

We get a lot of strong wind here. The air is rarely ever still. Now that I have the giant planter boxes it will (hopefully) be the first time I won't have them blown over in the wind regularly. Sometimes you have to laugh or you'd cry.

My name is Erika. said...

Oh no Nicole! This is so sad! Hope you can salvage anything damaged.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh you poor thing. I feel so bad for you, dear. At least some things were salvageable.

Rajani Rehana said...

God bless you ��

Hot guys said...

What a mess! 🙄 Seriously, nature can be such a pain sometimes... 😏 Don't stress it though, just relax like you do, Nicole. It'll be alright. 👍🏻

Giorgio said...

Oh, I'm sorry to see your beautiful greenhouse so damaged! I know you worked hard in your garden ... You're right, as you have to laugh!
The stormy weather will go to an end soon! I hope to see your greenhouse in better conditions as soon as possible!

I look forward to hearing from you!

carol l mckenna said...

Oh dear ~ sad ~ Weather is erratic everywhere ~ Rain and winds or high heat here in MA ~ oh well ~ glad you are safe ~ Xo

Living in the moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh no! This is a sad sight, you've worked so hard in your garden.
The important thing is you are safe :)

All the best Jan

Magic Love Crow said...

I hope you had a beer after!! So sorry! Big Hugs!