Saturday, July 10, 2021

Garden Saturday

Hello Everyone!

I am running so late today. Up at 5AM off to the grocery store at 6AM, come home put fridg items away then over to the other store to check for meat. Uhhhh no go. Walk out not buying a thing. Meat is so very expensive here. Mr. is a meat eater. OK, home to put things away, check the garden, pick veggies and rake the yard. I filled the dehydrator with squash, peas, and a banana. Put orders out, and washed laundry. OK, I am ready for a nap. Ha ha ha.

Here is the haul for today. Peas and squash love this cool wet weather.

Look at this new lettuce yummm.
 

My sunflowers are 7 feet tall and one of them has 5 blooms on it. It's marine layer dark today.




I love these flowers

 
And with all of the squash I had to make sweet cake with 3 different types of squash.
Well that is it for today. I am off to clean house.
Have a great Saturday everyone.

No Matter What Your State or Country Says Be Safe Out There And Protect Yourself. Not Everyone Without A Mask Is Vaccinated. 

 Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

14 comments:

Rita said...

I got tired just reading all you'd done already--LOL! ;)

Tom said...

...in my garden whatever the rabbits aren't eating is growing quite good.

Rain said...

Just reading about your day exhausted me lol....your lettuce looks great!!! :)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm looking forward to a good feed of raw peas straight from the shell! My summertime fave every year!

Christine said...

Lovely garden veg!

riitta k said...

I am looking forward to your sunflowers to open!

Giorgio said...

It seems your sunflowers will be ready soon 🌻🌻🌻
That sweet cake looks delicious... I'd like to have it at breakfast 🍰☕
Huge congrats on your beautiful lettuce, Nicole. I know it isn't easy to grow veggies like that.

Have a nice Sunday 😎

Valerie-Jael said...

You packed a lot into your day. Your garden is looking great. Enjoy your cake! Have a great day, Valerie

Hot guys said...

Beautiful garden! 💚

Those flowers & vegetables are amazin'! 😉

Yes to napping! 👍🏻

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

wonderful veggies

My name is Erika. said...

Nice garden haul! But I needed a nap after reading your morning-smile. It is is a sort of lazy Sunday morning here, except for my walk. I should be out doing more garden things, so good for you to get it all done! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

The squash looks especially tempting (goes to add it to the grocery list right quick). Must be nice to pick your own :) You have spectacular sunflowers!

Arun Goyal said...

Wow ! The squash looks yummy. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

Magic Love Crow said...

Your cake looks so good, but then everything does! LOL! Big Hugs!