Wednesday, July 7, 2021

So wet

Greetings! 

Most everyday we get what is called a marine layer. A marine layer is an air mass that develops over the surface of a large body of water, such as an ocean or large lake, in the presence of a temperature inversion​. It's a dense mass of cool, moist air which accumulates. No, it's not fog, rather a mass of wet air that just hangs out. You can watch it move in from the ocean. Last evening the normal ML started to move in. It was 100% humidity. Not rain just thick wet air. Most mornings I don't have to water the garden and it was especially true this AM.








 

No Matter What Your State or Country Says Be Safe Out There And Protect Yourself. Not Everyone Without A Mask Is Vaccinated. 

 Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

12 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

That is wet!!! I don't know if I could live in 100% humidity! Take care Nicole! Big Hugs!

Rita said...

Wow! Now that is so wet air indeed!

Tom said...

...a term that is new to me!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I bet plants love it!

My name is Erika. said...

We've run into the marine layer boating before so I know what you mean. But boy is it nice for watering your plants. I hadn't thought of that. And I imagine it's good at keeping it a little bit cool too. Your plants look great!

Christine said...

A bonus not having to water.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the droplets on the plants! Have a great day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are so lucky. I have to stay up past my bedtime when it doesn't rain because the soil in the pots dries so quickly. Beautiful photos, though.

Barbara said...

I agree, 100% humidity S not for me. Especially when coupled with heat that doesn’t dry things out. What will happen to future generations as climate makes our planet inhabitable?

Divers and Sundry said...

I've never heard of a marine layer. Fascinating. I'm having to water every day, but they keep promising rain. Maybe this weekend sometime? We'll see.

carol l mckenna said...

Glad nature is watering your beautiful garden ~ Xo

Dancing while I can,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Hot guys said...

Wet, indeed! 💦

You learn something every day, so... Thanks for sharin'! 😉