Monday, June 28, 2021

Movie Monday

 Good Monday Greetings!
 
I hope everyone had a good weekend. I actually got a wish come true. The weather turned hot on the Oregon coast. I mean record breaking heat. Portland hit 112°F, Salem 113°F, Eugene 111°F, The Dalles 118°F, Roseburg 114°F, and my town Florence 83°F. with no wind. Other towns in Oregon, Washington and Canada hit record heat as well. Because the coast never gets this hot most people don't have AC in their homes. Of course people from all over came to the coast to cool off. I am watching the news right now and an interview with our city manager. She was asking people to be kind and nice. That we have all been through a lot the last 18 months and kindness goes a long way. Workers here have reported verbal and physical abuse from tourists. REALLY??? 
I truly think some people just need to stay home.
 
OooKayyyy now that I have gotten off the track, 
let's look at a movie.
Danika with Marisa Tomei is a movie that takes you on some twists and turns. Marisa plays this part with excellence. And the ending...... an OMG moment. 
I have seen this movie several times and I get into it everytime.
 
Traumatized since childhood by her brother's accidental death, Danika Merrick (Marisa Tomei) hallucinates a bank robbery and quits her job. Despite support from her three children and loving husband, Randy (Craig Bierko), Danika continues to experience unnerving visions. She seeks help from therapist Evelyn Harris (Regina Hall). But pervasive reports of violent incidents involving children make Danika fear for her own family, and she grows increasingly paranoid, worrying she may be going insane.
You can watch this free on

fuboTV with ads on Crackle, Tubi TV, The Roku Channel, Popcornflix, Redbox, VUDU Free, Peacock, Peacock Premium, FILMRISE, I think Youtube TV has it as well.
 
Well the rest of the state will be hot but Florence is back to normal. In the 60°s, it's already windy and cloudy. 
Hope everyone has great day today. 
 
 
No Matter What Your State or Country Says Be Safe Out There And Protect Yourself. Not Everyone Without A Mask Is Vaccinated. 
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

11 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

I've bookmarked Danika, thanks :)

It does sound like y'all are getting more than your fair share of rude tourists. What a shame. If they'd done the slightest bit of checking they'd've known what to expect.

Tom said...

...Florence sounds might nice, it's in the low 90s here.

Valerie-Jael said...

I can't see the video here! Have a by week, Valerie

Christine said...

I heard about those temperatures on the west coast, unreal.

Jennifer Rose said...

ive seen ow hot its getting in some parts of north america, tooo hot for me lol

Barbara said...

Thought of you in the heat! Glad to learn it wasn’t as bad where you live. I’m slowing down in case I’m not around as much. I may not always comment but will be watching!

Magic Love Crow said...

We are melting in Canada! LOL! I am sorry the tourists are being mean! The movie sounds excellent! Big Hugs!

Linda said...

I hope things cool down soon.

Hot guys said...

It's hot, indeed 🔥 I agree with you, though... Why not just stay at home? 😏 At least people will avoid catching the virus, getting sunburns, cancer etc. 🤷‍♂️ If we've been patient this long, we can be a bit more. Or at least those are my thoughts. 😉

Btw, I've heard of Danika. Well, seen the movie cover through the years & recognized it. I liked Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny, think the movie is from 1992. 🙂

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The news reports of the heat are staggering. No AC in those homes and to head to the coast may sound like fun to some, but I know it must be a nightmare for you and your town. Sp sad that people can be so cruel and mean.

That sounds like a great film. I don't have any of those services, though. Stay cool and just breathe, dear. It's too bad the wind returned.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Nicole,

The movie trailer is intriguing. I will look for this one on Peacock Premium. Thanks for sharing, dearie!