Sunday, May 23, 2021

Movie Monday

Greetings! 
 
It's Movie Monday. I watched one that I had forgotten about.
"Remember Me" is a 2010 American romantic coming-of-age drama film directed by Allen Coulter, and screenplay by Will Fetters. It stars Robert Pattinson, Emilie de Ravin, Chris Cooper, Lena Olin, and Pierce Brosnan. The film received mixed to negative reviews from critics, mainly due to its ending. However, for me it is the ending that makes the film. It ends on a day that everyone in the world knows. I will leave it at that.
I very much enjoy this movie and I watched it on Netflix but it is also on Prime.

The second movie is, "I Still See You".
This is a 2018 American supernatural mystery thriller film, directed by Scott Speer, from a screenplay by Jason Fuchs. It is based upon the novel Break My Heart 1000 Times, by Daniel Waters. It stars Bella Thorne, Richard Harmon and Dermot Mulroney. This film kept my attention and I loved the idea of this movie. Plus Dermot Mulroney also keeps my attention. LOL

An explosion at Dr. Martin Steiner's Ashburn Laboratories in Chicago kills countless people. Indistinguishable from humans, ghostly specters of the event's victims begin haunting the world as non-sentient "remnants" that briefly repeat certain actions at daily intervals.

Ten years later, high school student Veronica 'Ronnie' Calder confronts her mother about how they don't acknowledge her dead father Robert's daily presence at their breakfast table. She becomes frightened by a remnant of a young man whose name she intuitively knows is Brian. Brian writes the word "run" on a mirror before vanishing. During a class on remnants taught by Mr. Bittner, Ronnie starts bleeding from her ear. Fearful that Brian wants to harm her, she visits Mr. Bittner at his home but he dismisses her worries. 
 I watched this on Prime but if you sign up for the free trial on Hulu you can see it there.
 
 
Have a great Monday and let me know in the comments what you have been watching.
Be Safe Out There And Still Wear A Mask!
 
 
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

15 comments:

Tine de Jong said...

First of all, thank you for visiting 1 of my websites and nice comment. It is always nice to greet new people in this way. I hardly ever watch movies on TV and have little time for this. I have a large DVD collection with all kinds of genres and when I feel like it I watch one. Tonight there is one on the schedule and that is Coyote Ugly a humorous music movie if I have time because I am also a caregiver. I wish you a nice day today and maybe I will see you again on my websites- https:tinedejong.blogspot.com of eens op de natuur website:https:// catherinetine.blogspot.com > this website is full of knowings and writings from nature

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I don't watch romance movies, but the second one sounds decent, if a bit far fetched. Thanks for sharing these, though. I guess I have a type and I'm waiting for your review of my type (grin).

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you enjoyed your movies, I don't often watch them. Valerie

Tom said...

...and I don't remember these.

baili said...

i liked your movie suggestion dear friend :)

i think i have watched Remember Me some year ago on HBO channel ,in the middle the power went off and since then i feel glimpse of it in my mind time to time strolling for other shows.it seemed worth watch indeed,second one sounds great too and i think i will watch if find here
best wishes for the days ahead!

Divers and Sundry said...

Romance and coming-of-age films are right up there with time travel as genres I avoid lol "I Still See You" sounds like something I'd really enjoy, though, so I'll definitely check that one out. Thanks!

Our local government dropped its mask mandate and businesses followed right along behind. Most people here are still wearing masks, though, and I know I'll be wearing a mask for quite a while. I've quit double-masking, but until there are more people vaccinated I'm a mask-wearer. Thanks for the encouragement :)

Granny Annie said...

I love your Monday movies. Sometimes I have already seen one but this time I haven't seen either. I just watched a four episode series on ACORN TV called THE DROWNING. It is my suggestion for you.

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing!

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde minha querida amiga Nicole, parabéns pela matéria e vídeos.

Rita said...

I watch very little romance or horror but I am always interested to discover what you've been watching and what you think about them. I love my cozy mysteries and have been watching Father Brown's new season on BritBox and watched a miniseries called The Drowning (not a cozy one) on Acorn TV. Have a great week. :)

carol l mckenna said...

Sounds like good movie view for you ~ Xo

Living moment to moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Lowcarb team member said...

I don't know either of these ...

Wishing you a good week ahead.

All the best Jan

Hot guys said...

Oh yes, Nicole... I do remember (pun intended) Remember Me. 🙂 Sad one. Hard to watch, honestly. But yes, it's still a good one. 👍🏻

The other one, I didn't watch. Pretty sure I didn't, yeah. 🤷‍♂️ I would've remembered because of the main actress, Bella Thorne. Seen her in quite a few movies, actually.

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

I also enjoyed Remember me very much. The ending makes the movie. The other one is unknown to me. I must check it out. Have you seen Whiplash? Quite remarkable I think. Enjoy your days🥰

Magic Love Crow said...

I think I have seen Remember Me, but I don't remember! LOL! Big Hugs!