Saturday, May 22, 2021

Garden Saturday

 Greetings!
 
YAY! Today is Garden Saturday and I am so pleased to show you just how things have progressed.
It's been a tough few days for the garden due to the flippen wind. Only 2 hours of morning sunlight then undercover. It's always windy here especially in the summer but this month has been, blow me to OZ wind. LOL
OK, enough complaining because with all of that my garden has produced some lovely food.
Yep, those are fingerling carrots you see.
A ton of sweet onions, 3 types of lettuce, red radish,
carrots, squash, peas, all kinds of herbs and mustard greens.




Look how big this Grey Squash is!
 
I was finally able to get some soil for more peppers. Even though I do have containers for them I decided to cut the 1.5 cubic ft bag of dirt in half and use just use the bag for the container. Takes up less space and why not?
If you do this be sure to poke holes for drainage first.
So happy with the tomatoes.

 The mustard is blooming so I will have mustard 
seeds for caning.
 
I made a bamboo thing to attract bees, hope it works
 
Potatoes doing great!
 
Inside the covered garden. I have 3 of them now.


 
And Potatoes blooming YAY!
That is it for today. Wishing all of you a very nice Saturday
 
Be Safe Out There And Still Wear A Mask!
 
 
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

20 comments:

Barbara said...

Creative growing! You are very good at it!

Valerie-Jael said...

Good to see how your garden is flourishing! Valerie

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You could open a market garden with all your produce! I like your bee hotel too.

Christine said...

So rewarding in spite of the weather!

Tom said...

...my potatoes are doing well, everything else is sleepy.

Magic Love Crow said...

Wow Nicole! You should be so proud of yourself! You are doing amazing! You could sell your produce! If I lived closer, I would buy some! Love the bee hotel. Let us know, if it works! Big Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see your produce.
Your garden is doing very well.

All the best Jan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My seeds I planted are not even sticking their heads out yet, and three of my four tomato plants and one of my pepper plants have died. It's been a nightmare here and you have a harvest to die for already. Good for you, dear Nicole.

Rita said...

Oh my! Everything is looking quite lush already. Nice! :)

riitta k said...

Good harvest & thriving plants. It must be a jy to harvest directly to the table.

Iris Flavia said...

Wow-Wow-Wow!!!!
And mustard even!
Hope for your bees - please send them over - my strawberries are in bloom!
Potatoes bloom?! Huh. Didn´t know.
Have a great Sunday :-) And some yummy, fresh food!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

nothing beats from the garden salad - lovely

Hot guys said...

Hey Nicole, your garden is lookin' good! 💚👏🏻

All of the vegetables look healthy to me... and yummy too! 😛

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm impressed you already have produce! Nice! Everything looks so tasty, and all your plants look healthy. I look forward to hearing if you attract bees. That'd be great!

Lisabella Russo said...

OH my goodness your garden is amazing! It's producing so much!

Tine de Jong said...

Hello i am back again and It is nice if you have a garden and then to eat what you harvest yourself. That is also much healthier. The hotel you made for the bees is very beautiful and I hope they will come because we need them all . I have made myself a small garden on my balcony, but also the weather is bad with sometimes storm and rain and many flower and plants cannot stand the cold. But i am proud that i has made this. Below comes later also a small vegetable garden. You can watching this here and i wrote also a poem about my small garden. https://tinedejong.blogspot.com/2020/08/klein-tuintje-vergaard-op-het-balkon.html Best regards, Tine from Holland.

baili said...

oh dear Nichole your harvest is just spectacular and delightful :)))

i am so happy for you as everything looks so nice :)
congratulations,i did not know about bamboo thing ,i will search about it .
best of luck for all you attempt friend!

carol l mckenna said...

What a wonderful garden and great stuff for the harvest ~ Xo

Living moment to moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Jennifer Rose said...

cant beet homegrown veggies 😀

Arun Goyal said...

The harvest looks scrumptious , Thanks for joining in Garden Affair.