Thursday, April 8, 2021

Paint Party Friday 4/10

 Greetings!
 
Today is Paint Party Friday. I have a bit of a menagerie for this party. First are a few new glass cabs. I make these with Testors enamel paints and sealed on the back with Dimensional Magic. Each layer goes into the kiln so it is an all day endeavor.  This photo doesn't show it but they are very shinny with faux druzy. You can find these on my beadwright website.
Next is a quick draw.
This girl just looks tired. LOL

 


 


 
This is a new painting I did for Rain's theme "Evening"


And last but not least. I just couldn't help myself.
As you know this is my 2nd year gardening. I was also so very lucky to purchase a greenhouse. I understand why gardeners want a GH. Today I actually picked a radish.
 
 Radish growing in a big bowl from the $ store.


 Is this beautiful or what? China Rose Radish


I couldn't stand it. I had to pick one to see how they are growing. I found the smallest one..... and OMG! It was the sweetest radish I have ever eaten. The seeds were gifted to me by my good gardening friend Kris. I am going to find out where she bought these seeds. 
I ate the top and replanted the bottom with the roots. We will see what happen.
Tomorrow I will have a garden post so stop by then to see how my garden grows.
 
Be Safe Out There And Wear A Mask!
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

22 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely art and a gorgeous radish, enjoy the fruits of your labours! Valerie

BLOGitse said...

Well done!
I've done some gardening too but... :) not sure what will happen :)
Happy PPF!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are incredible cabs. They are beautiful. I like the hair on the girl you drew. And that radish is amazing. I haven't seen a white radish in YEARS.

Iris Flavia said...

This is... I dreamed last night I played with colors and dropped some on the carpet (we don´t have a carpet but in the hall) and then I see your theme, huhhh, a little bit scary!
And certainly I did nothing as beautiful as these!!!

The girl maybe thinks of "Corinna" - that virus tires us all...

I want a GH! But I don´t have the space... Before Corinna we had 2-buck stores where you could buy mini-GH, but they didn´t really work out well.
Hmmm, radish! But sweet?! Here they rather burn!
Interesting, please share if it re-growed!

Hot guys said...

Hi Nicole, those glass cabs are stunning, they sure do look outta this world! 💜💙💚

I like the drawing of that long-haired girl, kinda mysterious (but beautiful) painting and of course, I see the garden is doin' good too! 👍🏻

John R said...

Love those glass cabs, and that painting is wonderful. Good to see your crops progressing nicely. Stay Safe.

Tom said...

...I have seeds planted, but harvest is a long ways off.

Barbara said...

I love your glass cabs, always have! A kiln interests me would love to see a pic of that and how it’s used. Beautiful drawings, so lifelike.I’m not a planter,but marvel at how well you do that. Such a varied post, you have many talents!

carol l mckenna said...

Cabs and sketches are awesome and how delightful to have a garden with a greenhouse ~ Xo

Living moment to moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Christine said...

Beautiful art showing today Nicole, and the radish looks so good.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I can't eat radishes. They repeat on me something terrible.

Gillena Cox said...

Luv the cabs. The evening painting is fantastic
Happy PPF

Much💛love

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely paintings and drawings. Wow, you are harvesting already! Hugs Anesha

Linda Kunsman said...

Your cabs are really special, and I love the atmospheric evening art Nicole. How wonderful to have a greenhouse cuz there's nothing like home grown. Happy PPF!

WendyK said...

Lovely art, great sketches. Would love to know what the radishes are called, hopefully I might be able to find seeds in the UK.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lovely cabs. I've not had much luck growing vegetables.

NatureFootstep said...

love those beads. They are all gorgeous! And so is your "Evening".
take care!

Clare Lloyd said...

Love your painting and good luck with your gardening

Hazel (Didos) said...

Lovely pieces of art. I love to garden too and the taste of home grown is so much better than shop bought, Happy PPF on Saturday, Hazel xx

Rain said...

Wow look at that radish!!! Nice!!! I love your drawing and the cabs are so brilliant!

Divers and Sundry said...

There is nothing like home-grown produce :) Congratulations!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your new Evening painting is so cool! As I said, I would be taking some of those radishes, if I lived closer! LOL! Big Hugs!