Sunday, March 14, 2021

Movie Monday

Greetings!
 
It's movie Monday here and boy did I watch/listen to some good ones this weekend. Every time I thought one would be good for today, I watched another that was just as good. So I am gong to share one of the movies that stuck hit home.
 "Still Alice" with a great cast of actors.
Julianne Moore, Kirsten Stewart, Kate Boswoth 
and Alec Balwin. 
This movie tells a compelling story of
Alzheimer's disease. It was released in 2014.
Still Alice (2014) - IMDb 
Dr. Alice Howland (Julianne Moore) is a renowned linguistics professor at Columbia University. When words begin to escape her and she starts becoming lost on her daily jogs, Alice must come face-to-face with a devastating diagnosis: early-onset Alzheimer's disease. As the once-vibrant woman struggles to hang on to her sense of self for as long as possible, Alice's three grown children must watch helplessly as their mother disappears more and more with each passing day.
The movie is done very well and tells a real story.
Here is the first 10 minutes of the movie.
You can watch it free on Tubi.

Have a great Monday
Be Safe Out There And Wear A Mask!
 
 
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

16 comments:

Christine said...

I heard about this movie, tough topic.

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like a great film! Valerie

Hot guys said...

I don't remember watching this one, and I'm a Julianne Moore fan. 🧡 I do remember the title of the movie, however. 🙂

I started to like Kristen Stewart as well, watched so many movies where she starred in. Anyways, thanks for the recommendation, Nicole! 🙂

Angie's Recipes said...

Still Alice is one of my favourite films. I have watched twice so far.

Divers and Sundry said...

I read the novel this movie is based on. Her story was painful to read, yet I couldn't put it down. I didn't realize there was a movie. Thanks!

Tom said...

...what a horrible disease!

Barbara said...

I have seen this one. It’s compelling and important!

Mae Travels said...

I don’t think I could face watching such a depressing movie. You must be brave.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

craftytrog said...

Such a tragic disease! Trying to remember if I've seen this one.

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde Nicole, eu não conhecia esse filme. Obrigado pela dica.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never heard of this film, but I'd have a hard time watching it. I remember my grandmother saying how much she didn't want to lose her mind when she got old Thankfully she didn't, but there must be alzheimers in my lineage somewhere in the past. Thanks for sharing.

Rita said...

Yes, that was an excellent movie! :)

Magic Love Crow said...

I've seen this movie!!! Big Hugs my friend!

Granny Annie said...

I have already seen STILL ALICE. I was an emotional one. I think I already told you I watched your recommendation from last Monday THE FANATIC with John Travolta.

Lowcarb team member said...

This is such a horrible disease and so cruel. The one you love disappears before your eyes. Both my Gran and my Mum had Alzheimer's.
I have heard of this film, but I couldn't watch it.

All the best Jan

Cathy Kennedy said...

Nicole,

Stories of this nature I do not gravitate to. I guess it's because it's a real thing and it can strike anyone of us. The closest person I knew who had this was DH's paternal grandfather but we were married and miles away so we never saw the effects first hand. Of course, others shared some of his scary mishaps. How I pray that we don't lose our minds and forget those we love! Thanks for sharing your review of the film. ;)