Monday, March 1, 2021

Monday Movie Art Garden

 Greetings!
 
I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend. I took the weekend off of being on line. Why? Because the weather was like summer here. Well our summer. The sun was shinning and there was very little wind. Mr. M. painted part of the house and I got started with my garden. However, this is Movie Monday and I will start with that.
My good friend from Fitstuds  suggested a movie called
"I Care A Lot" It stars Rosamund Pike. It seems when she is in a movie there is some wickedness that will happen. 
No not a scary movie at all. 
Also Peter Dinklage, Dianne Wiest and Chris Messina
A crooked legal guardian who drains the savings of her elderly wards meets her match when a woman she tries to swindle turns out to be more than she first appears.
 At first I thought, "I don't want to watch a movie that takes advantage of old people" but as the movie progressed other elements enter and the movie takes on a life of its own. I must tell you the ending is Excellent! I hope you give this a try. On Netflix
 
I can't tell you what an advantage it is to start your garden in jugs. It doesn't matter what kind of weather you live in. My friend in Kansas has jugs that are a foot under snow and the plants are growing.  So if you garden and want to get a head start try this. It works. Click here for a link
 

 

The peas growing you can see I planted these on Jan. 10.

 

Five beautiful seedlings.

 

Good root base.

 

Now the peas get to play in the greenhouse.

 

I also started some summer squash and cucumbers

 

Baby carrots and radishes. Today I will put in some lettuces.


Potatoes will be ready for containers tomorrow or the next day.

 

Just wanted to show you how sunny and nice it was yesterday. This is the south side of my yard.

 

This is the north side. I am drying out some soil.

 

Mr. M. will finish the painting today.
 
Last but not least here is a drawing to try to catch up with 29 Faces. This is the first 29 Faces that I didn't finish in the allotted time. However, the challenge did accomplish what it is designed for, getting (me) people motivated to create. 
 

 


 



That's it for today.  
Wishing all of you the very best Monday.
 
Be Safe Out There And Wear A Mask
 
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

15 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

I agree with you using plastic jugs for starting plants-little mini greenhouses-I would never start seeds any other way I will start a few soon-I have no garden plot anymore since we moved to the lake-

Divers and Sundry said...

That movie might actually be too scary for me! lol So much sunshine there :) We're having rain and more rain. You're getting a great head start on the growing season. Nice!

Hot guys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hot guys said...

Really glad to hear/read you liked the movie! 👏🏻 Btw, girl literally just received a Golden Globe award for it! 😉 So, the movie will get even more buzz. Totally deserved.

I like your drawing's progression, it's always interesting to see it! 👀 And the plants look good, too! 💚

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I can see how eager you are to get your garden started!

Barbara said...

Well, this is a good sign. Not that you took an online break, but that your early gardening has begun instead. Spring can’t be far off. Lovely drawing!

Tom said...

...nothing is ready to plant here, but this morning I made seed tape with some of my tiny seeds.

Rita said...

I wasn't sure about that movie, either. Thanks. Now I will probably watch it later.

Just looking at green is nice from here--LOL! ;)

Lowcarb team member said...

Don't think this video will play here in the UK ... never mind.
Plenty more to enjoy on your post.

Happy March Wishes.

All the best Jan

Christine said...

Thanks for the movie tip, we will watch it. Lovely work on the faces. You are embracing spring over there!

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, you have a huge garden. Here we only have a small balcony. And no Netflix, sounds like an interesting movie. Love your portait!

Magic Love Crow said...

Wow, sun, gardening and great faces!! Perfect Nicole! Big Hugs!

Christine said...

My son loves the movie we will watch again with hubby tonight thanks again

craftytrog said...

Thanks for the tip on the film, it sounds good and I'll check it out.
I wish I could get into gardening, hubby keeps trying to encourage me, but I usually end up pulling up something I shouldn't.
A lovely portrait again.
Alison x

Gillena Cox said...

Happy you got you and hubby got your vaccine date.
Thanks for dropping by my blog today.
MY BOOKS

Much💜love