Monday, February 1, 2021

29 Faces Day 1 and Monday Movies

Greetings!  

Today is the first day of 29 Faces
hosted by the beautiful Martha.
 Create a face and link it to her page. I will tell you a few years back I joined in with 29 Faces. It was where I knew I wanted get better at portraits. Check out the sight and join in. It is so much fun and you will be amazed at how much you will learn about your own art.
Day #1 
 


 She started like this

 

and ended like this.
I didn't realize that the drawing had fallen on the floor and I ran my PC chair over it. So it has those nice wrinkles in the corner. LOL

Monday Movies. 
I know all of you have seen the movie
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
At least you have heard of it or possibly read the book. 
Louise Fletcher played Nurse Ratched, and really, you can't get much better than her performance. I am telling you this because this last weekend I watch the series "Ratched" played by Sarah Paulson. It tells the story of Nurse Ratched and how she became such an evil biatch. 
The first few episodes were great and then, it is like a different writer took over and by the end Nurse Ratched was a loving, sweet thing. Kind of. For me I was quite disappointed in that part. Sarah does play her part very well and I loved her in it, when she was her mean self. :)
I also love the clothes. Ohhh yes!!! Just gorgeous.
I do suggest that you watch the series if you have Netflix. There are some very interesting and crazy parts. 
Tell me what you think of it.
 Here is a trailer

Have a great Monday everyone!
 
Be Safe Out There And Wear A Mask!
 
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

14 comments:

Elkes Lebensglück said...

The face was so beautifully drawn again, it's just a good thing that it only bent the corners a bit instead of ruining the whole drawing ..
What a shame about the film when it turns out that way!
Have a good day, Elke

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The finished face is quite lovely. I have never had a talent for drawing and I admire those of you who do it so well.

Barbara said...

Very good portrait drawing, in spite of chair trail marks. 😏 I watched all of Nurse Ratched and will watch again if it returns. I never saw One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. No prior preconceived notions may be what helped me appreciate it.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your face, well the one you drew. I'm sure your's is lovely as well! Hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...keep a smile on you face.

Christine said...

Valerie is funny. Beautiful portrait!

Divers and Sundry said...

I have seen One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and read the book and found both quite horrifying. I'll not revisit that world. Here's me avoiding any connection with Nurse Ratched. I do love the hats, though.

Giorgio said...

What a beautiful portrait!
Have a nice week!

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa noite Nicole. O retrato ficou ótimo,parabéns.

Rita said...

I have always avoided faces--well, people drawing in general...or animals for that matter. Even landscapes are a challenge--LOL! Beautifully done.

I loved One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" and will have to watch this. Funny--all these years I thought it was Ratchet. I guess I couldn't hear so well when I was younger, either--LOL!

Gillena Cox said...

Nice portraits. I am trying some charcoal one myself. Will post to PPF
Thanks for dropping by my blog

Much💖love

craftytrog said...

Another beautiful face in spite of the creases in the corner! That sounds like the kind of thing I would do.
That looks like a good series to watch, although I have a list as long as my arm, of series on Netflix and Amazon that I want to see :D
Alison xx

Granny Annie said...

Love your Day 1 of 29 Faces.

Magic Love Crow said...

She is beautiful Nicole! Big Hugs!