Sunday, January 3, 2021

Sunday post Old Town Florence, OR.

Greetings!
 
I was looking for images of my town or area of the wind that blows here. We are in the throws of a wind warning right now. I can handle most types of weather but wind, and strong wind is exhausting. Anyway, instead of wind I found a short video of what we call "Old Town" It starts out just a few blocks from my house. I know I love seeing photos and vidis of the places where all of you live  so I am hoping you will take the time to see where I live. This vidi was shot in 2012 and there have only been 2 changes down town.
At some point I will try to get down there to show the 
upgrades of the two small parks. 
P.S. I hardly ever go to Old Town anymore.
It is always busy with tourist.
Even during Covid! 
And you don't want my thoughts on that.

This part of town is walking
distance from my house.
Enjoy.



 Be Safe Out There And Wear A Mask
 
 
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

13 comments:

Tom said...

...Old Town Florence, OR looks like a great place!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Charming!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I like the fishy mural. We went to one of our local coastal towns last weekend but it was so busy, there was no where to park so we went home again. If we had found somewhere to park I don't think I would have enjoyed it with there being so many people. I did wonder what it is like for people who live there when it is so busy.

Divers and Sundry said...

We've had a bit of wind along with our rain but nothing that would come close to warranting warnings.

How nice to have such a place so close!

kathyinozarks said...

I enjoyed the video tour thank you for sharing

Magic Love Crow said...

Looks beautiful Nicole!! I hope you are doing ok with the wind! Big Hugs!

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing this!

Barbara said...

Small town charm abounds!

Mae Travels said...

Very enjoyable video! I know a few water-side towns on the east coast and on the Great Lakes that have a similar vibe. Alive but still very much part of the past. I hope the businesses down town survive the current lockdown.

Have a good New Year in 2021 -- healthier and safer than 2020!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The first thing that caught my eye was the mural. I wonder if it is still there. I hope this area survives covid, but it sounds like it does, since there are tourists to keep it afloat.

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde Nicole. Ficou maravilhoso. Parabéns.

DVArtist said...

Elizabeth. Yes, the mural is still there. There are only a few in my town. However, Eugene has murals like your town.https://www.eugene-or.gov/3492/20x21-EUG-Mural-Project

Hot guys said...

It's pretty cute, I like the video. 🙂 Hope there's a significant change this year when it comes to Covid. 👏🏻