Thursday, September 10, 2020

Oregon is on fire.

 Hi Everyone!

I am so sick in  my heart with the entire western Oregon on fire. There are also fires on the eastern side of Oregon. We have not had fires like this EVER in Oregon. Entire towns are burnt to the ground from the furthest south to the furthest north of my state. Finally MSNBC showed the fires and spoke with the head of Forestry. He articulated it very well explaining weather, that OR has never experienced before, the fact that we have been getting less and less rain so our entire state is is a tinder box and wind.  Not to mention we are low on firefighters. 
The smoke has lifted a bit in my town but the air is stark and there is not even a breeze here. That is not normal at all. The ocean always sends wind. Please send your prayers and good thoughts to the 1,000s of families who no longer have ANYTHING!






It is almost more than a person can take in.
 
 
 
 Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.
 beadwright.com

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Nicole, you and everyone are in my thoughts and prayers. I simply cannot even imagine what this is like to go through. Your photos are unbelievable. Wondering what it is like for you in your home, is there damage from the smoke. Is it safe for you to breathe the air? Please be safe first and foremost.

Valerie-Jael said...

So sorry, it must be very hard for you all. Stay safe! Valerie

Debra said...

I just don't know what to say. I am so very sorry. I am praying for you.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I saw that same report. I found it ironic that my grandson, who lived in OR for a while when he moved to the west coast and left because it rained all the time, said to me maybe we should all move to Oregon when a fire was within 20 miles of us here in CA. The reporter mentioned that people in OR always felt safe from the fires. My great grand asked me this AM if it is supposed to rain today because we are overcast. I explained about the smoke hanging overhead. We have a break from the heat today, probably do to the smoke above. Be safe. These fires are a worry for us all.
xx, Carol