Sunday, June 14, 2020

I am rained out

Hi Everyone! 

I am rained out. 
I live in Lane Co.
From the news and because Portland is the big city on the coast it comes from there.

The National Weather Service in Portland issued an urban and small stream flood advisory for Western Polk County, Western Benton County, Lincoln County, and Western Lane County. The advisory is in place until 3:15 p.m. Saturday.
Shortly after 9 a.m. Saturday, it was still raining heavily in several coastal towns, including Florence, Newport, and Lincoln City. 
This rain could cause urban and small stream flooding, experts say.
Now here's  the kicker
The National Weather Service says this area has already received two inches of rain since midnight Saturday and an additional inch is possible, especially in the Coast Range.

I can't find the official rain fall for yesterday but it was WAYYYYYY over what they predicted. In all the years I have lived here I have never seen a one day rainfall like yesterday. I put out 4 more plastic totes and they are full. Mr. M. is getting a bit perturbed with me about all of  totes in the yard. LOL Even with the cover, my plants are soaked.

One good thing my bamboo plant loves all this rain.  
We have sun right now but the sky is turning black. 
Here is are average rainfall
78 inches
Florence, Oregon gets 78 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 38 inches of rain per year. Florence averages 1 inches of snow per year.  
And let's not even talk about the flippen wind.
Siiigghhhhhhh

I want to show you some nice photos of Florence. Because where I live is truly beautiful.
I am just sick of the rain.
 
These are all stock photos. 
The Oregon coast is known for some of the most beautiful bridges.
This is the one in Florence, over the Siuslaw River. (sI U slaw)

Part of the Marina. It is small but at one time was a
huge  commercial fishing dock.

Of course we are know for the dunes.
People come from all over the world
to ride quads over the sand. Big competitions too.


This is Florence Beach. When we first moved here we ask a person,
"What beach do the locals use." She stood there and laughed at us.
She said, "Locals don't go to the beach. You'll see why"
Well it is so cold and windy that you need arctic gear to
go to this beach summer or winter.

This is a little way out of Town. "They" recently
revamped the outside and inside.

Last but not least the Sea Lion Caves. The first time I ventured
there I was 5 or 6 with my grandparents. The last time was a few
Years ago with my daughter and SIL.


OK, it is raining, I need to cover my garden.
Have a very nice Sunday
 

Nicole/DVArtist
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry about the rain. Big floods in many places here, too, and we got nothing! We need rain. Lovely photos! Valerie

Crafting Queen said...

Sorry about all the rain. Be safe.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hope you don't get flooding in your home. I know your plants are getting it, but let's hope your house doesn't get flood water. Stay safe and secure, dear.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Hopefully everything will be fine and not flooded with you. Your area is beautiful, wonderful photos are!
For me there is hardly any rain, only sun, but where else in Germany there is also flooding of rivers from lots of rain.
Take care of yourself, hugs Elke

craftytrog said...

The scenery is very beautiful, such a shame you can't sunbathe on that stunning beach Nicole.
I hope the rain eases soon xx

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like a lovely (if rainy and windy) area!

My name is Erika. said...

Lovely photos. Oregon is a really beautiful state. Stay dry!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

It's funny old weather all over the world I think. It looks a beautiful place to live.