Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The Sun Is Out

Hi Everyone!

Today the sun is shinning for the first time in weeks. Hey, that's how it is on the Oregon coast. I was just out in my back yard and saw some interesting things growing. When I am done with this I will go and take some photos. For now I wanted to show you two things that are very different. First, in our state, as many others, we no longer use plastic bags at the grocery store. Paper, or bring your own. With Covid if you bring your own you have to bag your own groceries. If not you pay 5 cents for paper bag. I have so many brown paper bags. I do use them for my paper mache, and I sketch on them, but the other day I used my left over paint on one then sandwiched another on top to get this. They are fully dry now and I am gong to rip these up to create an art piece. 


The other photo is of my bread starter. The first day it is really full, the second day it settles down and by the 8th day it is ready to use. This is the second day. It's fermenting perfectly.


I'm a little behind on commenting. I will catch up today. 
Right now though I want to go outside and get some rays.
Be Safe and Elbow Hugs.
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

9 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Enjoy your sunshine, the cats and I spent some time out the garden soaking it up. Love the bags and great idea.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That bread starter looks like it's working hard!

Valerie-Jael said...

Enjoy relaxing! Valerie

Rain said...

I think you should get those rays when you can! Vitamin D is good for the body and sunshine is good for the soul! :) I love your art, very cool. Interesting...when I went grocery shopping here, they refused to let me in with my own bags, they said they "could be contaminated" so I was forced to accept their plastic bags (they bag for free now). I just told them to put everything in the cart and I'd bag it all at my car.

Sue (this n that) said...

Yay for your sunshine Nicole, same here and its always nice to be outside within our garden.
Love how you are using the bags - so creative.
Yummy home made bread... nothing better! All the very best xx

Barbara said...

Ok, so now. I think we might be related. First your last post with a painting that you didn’t identify, and I did have an idea for it. I waited to see the other comments but no revelation. So, my question is do you have an idea for what you were painting? And now this post with the brown paper and making a print of the paint so that you will have something to use in another art project is so much like something I would do! I love surprises! One surprise I didn’t like was trying my own bread starter recently, and it did not work. Do you have a recipe? I love this post!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The stores here in KS don't want us to bring our own bags, now. They tell us to leave them at home so the employees don't have to be near them. Other than Aldi, where you bag your own, the other grocery stores provide bags now. Plastic, too.

Your paint technique turned out great. I think this is the start of a great background or two.

Good for you on starting bread. I'm not that brave. Heck, I don't even like to bake (grin).

I hope you caught some rays. You probably needed it. We had 11 days that the sun didn't shine. KS is known for its sunshine. I was bummed the whole time.

Hot guys said...

Hey Nicole. Really like that you're making bread now and then. I think that's just awesome! And of course, who doesn't like bread? lol :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Great art and yummy bread! Perfect! Big Hugs!