Thursday, May 16, 2019

PPF Why Pours May Not Last

Hi Everyone!

Today I have quick draw art. I was very busy this week. Part of the busy was having so much fun on Tuesday being a model for a group of artists. I made my pose, found a focal point at the back of the room and was set. They played music and that was a plus. The artists were amazing. It is different when you see yourself in the eye of an artist and I had 7 to look at. I would definitely do it again.

This is a 5 minute sketch over a background I already had. I will go back in and make it better.


I just had a bit of time the other morning before leaving my house and got this 30 minutes sketch.

 Watercolor class using Gouache. I like this paint better.

A few weeks ago I created these two pours. I liked them especially because they are brown. However, I didn't have any specific "thing" for them. I was just messin' around. Since it was mess around art I decided to reuse the canvas. I put them in the sink to wash off the paint. When I do this I never get all the paint off, and have to paint the canvas white or black. To my surprise the paint pulled off in a skin and had not penetrated the canvas at all. Now, maybe all of you know this already but this tells me that pours may not last long on a canvas, even if they are sealed. So I did some research and yep I was right. When you add silicon to your acrylics it never dries. This is just one of the articles I found

Here I am easily pulling the paint off the canvas

When I was done I have a perfectly clean and ready to use canvas.


Linking with Paint Party Friday
 
Nicole/DVArtist
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

14 comments:

SLScheibe said...

Wow, that's really interesting about the pours. I had no idea you could peel off the paint like that. I've done a couple of them (with silicon) but they're just sitting in one of my canvas piles. I might try pulling off the paint to see if I can re-use the canvas!

Love your bright bird painting! That's a cool style with the watercolors and ink. Love those bright colours too. :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely art. Good to know about pours! Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie

Gillena Cox said...

Those vibrant reds are my favourite this week. Happy PPF. Glad you enjoyed the modelling and the music

Much🎨love

Christine said...

interesting about the pours, especially as I just did my first one.

sirkkis said...

Wonderful art. Love the background paper, beautiful colours.
Happy PPF ❤️

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Wow, surprising how clean the canvas was.

Beth Niquette said...

Wow! Your artwork is amazing--and I learn something new every time I visit. Happy Paint Party Friday, my Friend! <3

Jennifer Rose said...

which is why I never use silicon with acrylics :)

peppylady (Dora) said...

Never had tried a pour. But pulling up the paint off canvas looks sort of painfull.
Coffee is on

NatureFootstep said...

as I am a birder of course, I love your bird :)
You provide useful imformation today. Thanks for sharing. Good to know when you only want to "mess around"

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Young Lady! I have to apologize! I'm so behind in blog land. I'm trying to catch up and say hi to everyone!
The modelling job sounded like a lot of fun! Good for you! Love your art pieces so much!
That is horrible about the pours. I wonder how many people "sell" these pieces of art work! I feel bad for the customers! Thanks for letting us know about his Nicole! Big Hugs!

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful sketch! Thanks for info about 'pours' ~

Happy Day To You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Being a model is not an easy task. so happy to hear that you enjoyed the experience. Love the colourful splashy background and the bird. That is a great 30 minute portrait. Thanks for sharing about the pours. How interesting!

-Soma

BLOGitse said...

A model, wow, well done!
I try to find time to do some sketching today...
Have a good week!