Thursday, March 28, 2019

Graffiti Art

 Hi Everyone!

Well more busy days. First I painted my kitchen, that took me 3 days. The next day my brother and his wife came for a visit. Always so much fun with them, I am sorry they could only stay for 2 days. Then the art committee decided to make the ply wood that covers all the broken windows at the library a bit artsy. 
(see full story here) How about graffiti? So for 2 days I encourage patrons to make their marks. We had 6 large sheets of graffiti paper with prompts on them. Then people could write, draw, whatever. The kids were the best.
Then we pasted and tapped them up on the plywood. They look great!!!!
Click on image to see closer view.







So this is the only art I was able to do. 
Huichol beaded flower.
This is the first of many for a project 
I am working on. 

 Linking to Paint Party Friday.

Nicole/DVArtist
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

18 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful beaded flower and the patrons did great work with the plywood

Kokopelli said...

I so love this art project at your library and what people wrote and drew. Such a fun project! And this flower! Is there a chance for a pattern for this one? Really reminds me of a poppy and I love poppies. Happy PPF!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the graffiti at the library. Happy PPF, Valerie

https://decorcraftdesign.wordpress.com said...

Wonderful artworks!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, so much nicer than bare plywood!

Gillena Cox said...

Good, nice flower. Happy PPF

much love...

Linda Kunsman said...

fun way to art up the broken windows. Beautiful beaded flower Nicole. Happy PPF!

Beth Niquette said...

What a wonderful project! Wow! I also love the beaded flower--you are such an eclectic artist. I LOVE that project--a brilliant idea to be sure.

artbyjune said...

An inspiring project at the library. I love the red beadwork flower!

sirkkis said...

Wonderful❣
Happy PPF 💜

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Great graffiti and lovely flower

Lisabella Russo said...

The flower is amazing! I love that they decided to make the plywood artsy...

Mia said...

What a beautiful flower, Nicole. And I love graffitis!!! Happy PPF!!!

carol l mckenna said...

Love your very intricate beaded art and what wonderful artwork on the plywood for the library!

Happy Days to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Jennifer Rose said...

really pretty flower :)

great idea to cover the plywood with art from the community

BLOGitse said...

I can imagine it was fun to make art with kids, looks great!

NatureFootstep said...

what a great idea to let up the broken areas to the kids. They did a great job. Im our Library/Gallery they often has activities for kids. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

What a great idea with the plywood! I love it! Gorgeous beaded flower! Big Hugs!